#FoodieExtravaganzaParty ~ Italian Celery and Mushroom Salad
Foodie Extravaganza is where we celebrate obscure food holidays by cooking and baking together with the same ingredient or theme each month.
Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you're a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board!
Wendy invited us to celebrate National Celery Month with any type of celery dish. So many possibilities - as you can see from the recipes shared below! Celery can be the star of the show, or a fantastic side kick in so many different types of dishes. I opted to try something new and different for me - and found this cheesy mushroom and celery salad to share.
We enjoyed this salad alongside some gorgeous steaks, baked potatoes, and baked tomatoes for an excellent steak house style meal. It worked really well with the steaks. There is a just a kiss of lemon in the vinaigrette - which you could amp up if you liked, and I found the parmesan was just a little bit too much so I'd scale that back a bit next time. This is a quick, easy, refreshing side dish!
Come see all the delicious celery recipes we're sharing with you today!
- Bacon Ranch Stuffed Celery from Food Lust People Love
- Braised Celery Over Cheesy Polenta from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Celery Leaf Pesto from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Homemade Celery Salt from Sneha's Recipe
- Italian Celery and Mushroom Salad from Making Miracles
- Shaved Celery and Apple Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Shaved Celery Salad with Sauteed Scallops from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Italian Celery and Mushroom Salad from Food 52
7 TBS olive oil, divided
1 lb mushrooms (delicate variety - a mix of cremini, oyster, shiitake, etc.)
2 TBS lemon juice
8 celery stalks, diced very thinly
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1-2 TBS parsley
- Heat 3 TBS olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and saute the mushrooms for about 5-6 minutes until they are golden brown and tender. Season lightly with salt and pepper and set aside to cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice with the remaining olive oil and whisk until creamy. Add a touch of salt and pepper (to taste). Add in the diced celery, cooled mushrooms, and parmesan cheese. Toss to evenly combine - taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Sprinkle with parsley and toss one more time before serving (or chill until ready to serve).