Baked Curry Wings


I love being an AllRecipes Allstar! I feel like AllRecipes taught me to cook. Many, many, many (I'm old) years ago I stumbled across AllRecipes as a young mom who felt completely inept in the kitchen, but wanted to learn to cook, wanted to be comfortable with ingredients, wanted to understand how to make dishes I would enjoy and my family would too. I began reading recipes, and reviews, and slowly and surely getting more and more comfortable in the kitchen. It was a longs and slow process, and I certainly don't feel like I'm an expert at anything, but man have I come a long way from those early days of experimenting (and failing, a lot).

So, I love being and Allstar so much because every month there are different campaigns highlighting different collections of recipes. This one came from the World Recipes collection. I love trying dishes with new flavor profiles, and exploring this great big world a little bit through food. If you haven't seen any of my #eattheworld posts, that's exactly what that group does; exploring a different country each month through food. Through these different collections, I find myself getting to try at least a couple new to me recipes each month that hadn't even been on my radar - and I love that! I am always searching for new ways to cook familiar ingredients, looking for new family favorites, and crossing "to-try" recipes off my list so it's fun for me to browse through these collections and find something that sparks my interest to try out.


These wings are wonderful! The recipe I used had these labeled as jerk wings, but after trying them I have renamed them baked curry wings, because that was definitely the flavor profile we tasted. It was a wonderful, complex flavor with just a touch of the curry really coming through. I marinated these about 4-5 hours, but with chicken I always feel like overnight is best to really give the flavors time to meld and permeate the meat if you have the time! The wings were incredibly juicy and delicious! 

Every time I make wings I seriously consider buying an air fryer. I haven't jumped on that band wagon just yet. It was about a year ago that I finally caved and bought an Instant Pot, and I keep wondering if this is the year I cave and buy an air fryer... and then I think we'll have to have wings like every night. Because I love them.


Baked Curry Wings

Ingredients
¼ cup orange juice
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 tsp thyme
1 Tablespoon minced jarred garlic
1 tsp ginger
1 Tablespoon curry powder
½ teaspoon ground allspice
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup vegetable oil
12 wings

Directions
  1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a large resealable container (Tupperware or Ziploc bag) and shake or stir to blend and combine. Add in wings, seal container, and shake again to evenly coat the wings. Allow to marinate at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
  2. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil, and place a rack atop the prepped sheet. Spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray and arrange the wings on the rack. Discard marinade. 
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes. Once cooked through and golden brown, you can turn the broiler on and broil for a couple minutes to crisp the top up a little more if desired.
  4. If desired - reserve about 1/4 cup of the marinade out before adding the chicken to it in step one. Reduce this in a small sauce pan on the stove at a low simmer while the chicken is baking, and then drizzle the baked wings with the reduced sauce once they're baked for extra "saucy" wings!
Recipe adapted from BencyCooks on AllRecipes

Comments

Popular Posts