Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs for #MulticookerMonday
If you are a blogger looking to join our Multicooker Monday group, request to join our Facebook page, or reach out to Sue of Palatable Pastime! We look forward to cooking with you. Multicooker Monday is a friendly food blogging group where we get together on the third Monday of the month to post recipes for the multicooker: instant pot or pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, sous vide or other cooking device with no theme; anything goes!
See all of our tasty #MulticookerMonday dishes we're sharing with you today!
- Air Fryer Pork and Vegetable Egg Rolls from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs from Making Miracles
- Kerala Beef Olarthiyathu- Pressure Cooker from Sneha’s Recipe
- Slow Cooker Shiitake Congee from Food Lust People Love
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Southern Pimento Cheese Crockpot Potato Soup from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Toaster Oven Turkey Schmaltz Cornbread from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
These fantastic Swedish Meatballs are a breeze with the Instant Pot. The sauce is perfectly creamy and flavorful and man those meatballs are tender and packed with just the right amount of seasonings. I loved everything about this dish! Serve over your favorite noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes and give them a generous sprinkle of fresh parsley for an extra fresh bite.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/3 cup milk
2 large egg yolks
1 heaping TBS minced garlic (jarred)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tablespoon oil
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup sour cream
additional salt and pepper, to taste
2 - 3 TBS fresh parsley, chopped
- Place meatball ingredients in a medium bowl: ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg yolks, minced garlic, thyme, allspice, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Blend together and shape into 1 - 1 1/2" meatballs.
- Meanwhile, turn Instant Pot to sauté and allow to heat. When meatballs are formed, add the oil to the instant pot and when hot sauté the meatballs in batches, browning on all sides (3-5 minutes total) and setting the finished meatballs aside until all of them are browned.
- Whisk the flour into the remaining oil in the pot and allow it to cook for a minute. Then whisk the beef stock into the flour mixture until smooth. Use a wooden spoon (this works best, metal will scrape your instant pot, and I've found a whisk isn't strong enough to get everything off the bottom of the pan) and scrape all the browned bits up (to prevent a burn notice when you pressure cook, and to get all that good flavor into your sauce)! This might take a minute or two to get it all up, you can tilt the pot to one side so you can see better if needed (this worked well for me)!
- Return the meatballs to the sauce and set the pressure cooker for 8 minutes.
- When the cycle has completed, quick release the steam and use a slotted spoon to remove the meatballs to a clean bowl or plate.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode and bring the sauce to a simmer, allow to simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
- Turn off heat and when it has stopped bubbling add in the sour cream and whisk until smooth. Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired. Return the meatballs to the gravy and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
- Serve over pasta or rice if desired.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious