Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili for the #ChiliCookOff
Welcome to our #ChiliCookOff! We have delicious recipes from across the country to get your chili making to the next level of delicious! Ashley from Cheese Curd in Paradise invited the Festive Foodies to a #ChiliCookOff, and what a perfect time of year to round up some soul warming cozy chili recipes to add to your arsenal of fall dishes.
Come see all of our delicious chili recipes:
- Beef Chorizo and Bean Chili from Cheese Curd In Pardise
- Chasen’s Chili from That Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chilifrom A Day in the Life on the Farm
- White Chicken Chili from Making Miracles
- Salsa Verde White Chicken Chili from Sweet Beginnings
- Chili Impossible Pie from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Chili Verde with Pork from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Turkey Chili Verde (Instant Pot) from Palatable Pastime
- Ghost Chili with Cornbread Topping and Chipotle Crema from The Spiffy Cookie
Today I am sharing a super cozy, warm, comforting and EASY crock pot white chicken chili. It is creamy, hearty, full of tasty veggies, beans and shredded chicken for a very satisfying meal. You can serve this over rice with a sprinkling of cheese or dollop of sour cream on top if desired.
I love the slow cooker for dishes like this - it gives everything lots of time to get tender, and for the flavors to meld together. Add a finely diced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (or two) to add a little bit more spice if you love that smoky flavor as much as I do - I think it would be a terrific addition!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1 heaping TBS minced garlic (jarred)
2 cups vegetable broth
1 (7-oz) can diced green chilies
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 (14-oz) can corn, undrained
1 (15-oz) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 tsp salt, more to taste
1/2 tsp ground black pepper, more to taste
1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
Adapted from Cooking Classy
- Combine all ingredients, except the cream cheese, into a slow cooker. Set for 8 hours on low, or 4 hours on high.
- Stir the softened cream cheese and lime juice into the mixture. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and adjust other seasonings if needed before serving.
- If it needs to thicken you can leave the lid off and let it simmer uncovered for a half hour.
- Serve with sour cream, a squeeze of lime, shredded cheese, over rice, with fresh cilantro, etc. as desired!