Sausage Balls




This is a staple for the Holidays around our house - Kent and Kenneth LOVE these things! I made a full batch of these and ate maybe one or two - and they were gone the day after we made them! I would say they were a success.


Also - a note - make sure to let your Kitchen Aid to all the work to mix the sausage, cheese, and Bisquick together. It's a very firm mixture and will take a LOT of elbow grease if you try to do this by hand. I think I actually tried to make these many moons ago before I had a Kitchen Aid mixer and gave up because I thought I'd measured wrong, because it was so DRY... however, let that mixer go for a few minutes, and voila, firm, but well combined mixture that you can shape and then bake.  I also recommend using Reynold's Non Stick foil for these. I used regular foil and the cheese caused the sausage balls to stick, and I had to be VERY careful removing them from the foil (and still had tiny foil pieces to pull off on some).


Enjoy these - as a snack, an appetizer, or even as a breakfast treat anytime, but especially for the Holidays. :) 


Sausage Balls from Stephanie on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 pound ground pork sausage
2 cups biscuit baking mix
1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine sausage, biscuit baking mix and cheese. Form into walnut size balls and place on baking sheets.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and sausage is cooked through.










Comments

Popular Posts