#FoodieExtravaganza - Eggnog Waffles and Syrup



Welcome to the December Foodie Extravaganza!  Where we all share delicious recipes with the same main ingredient.  This month the ingredient is Eggnog!  These yummy recipes will be the perfect thing to bring to your family gatherings and work parties this holiday season.  If you would like to participate in the next Foodie Extravaganza, just go to the Facebook page to join.  We would love to have you!

Oh my gosh... how in heaven's name was I supposed to pick an Eggnog recipe this month?! I had no idea eggnog is in EVERY form of food you can imagine - just see some of the things I was drooling over while trying to pick:

I want them ALL!


I kept bouncing back and forth in my head about which recipe to try - and then breakfast rolled around again over the weekend and I asked my hubby if he wanted pancakes or waffles. He said waffles - so that is what we had. And when I was searching waffles, a creamy eggnog syrup recipe showed up... so of course I made that too! So you get two deliciously eggnog inspired recipes today from me - perfect for a special weekend Holiday breakfast treat. I could not believe how yummy the syrup was with the waffles - a little went a LONG way. It is so buttery, sweet, and perfectly scented and lightly spiced. These two were made for each other!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Holiday Season - full of friends, family, laughter, love, and many, many special memories and moments with those you treasure most. For me, many of those treasured  moments and memories begin in my kitchen, preparing food for those I love - and this breakfast was one of those memory making occasions that I loved sharing with my family,


Eggnog Waffles adapted from Brooklyn Supper

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
2 cups eggnog
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Preheat your waffle iron.
  2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking power, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Whisk to blend.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the eggs and the eggnog and blend until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients until just combined. Add in the oil and vanilla.
  4. Cook waffles according to your wafflemaker's directions until they are golden brown and cooked through.
  5. Serving suggestion: serve with eggnog syrup, recipe below.

Creamy Eggnog Syrup from Dine and Dish

Ingredients

1 stick butter
3/4 cup commercially prepared eggnog (full-fat version)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
  1. In a medium sized pot, combine the butter, eggnog, and sugar. Whisk continuously and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
  2. Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the baking soda (it will foam up and get lighter in color), and the vanilla. Stir to combine, then serve warm over pancakes or waffles.

Enjoy these 17 Eggnog Recipes!

Gingerbread Eggnog Cookies - A Day in the Life on the Farm
Nutty Nog Caramels - Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Eggnog Rice Pudding - The Joyful Foodie 
Peppermint Eggnog Hot Chocolate - Trial and Eater
Eggnog Chocolate Chip Cake - Fearlessly Creative Mamas
Eggnog Cookies - Sew You Think You Can Cook
Fruity Eggnog Bread Pudding - Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Chewy Eggnog Cookies - We Like to Learn as We Go
Eggnog Waffles and Syrup - Making Miracles
Eggnog Pound Cake with Eggnog Glaze - Food Lust People Love 
Eggnog Kringel - Passion Kneaded
Banana Chocolate Chip Eggnog Coffee Cake - The Sweet {Tooth} Life
Eggnog Cupcakes - Baking in Pyjamas
No-Bake Eggnog Cookies - Rhubarb and Honey
Eggnog Mexican Flan - Pantry Friendly Cooking
Eggnog Fudge - Mrs. Penguin
Eggnog Creme Brulee - The Freshman Cook





Comments

  1. Lovely Rebekah....I really need to get myself a waffle maker or maybe I should ask Santa for one this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa should definitely get you a wafflemaker this year. :D We've had our Cuisinart one for years - though I remember growing up my mom had the big rectangular one and you could break your waffle into little mini-waffles... ahhh memories. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooo. I need to try that eggnog syrup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you did with the eggnog! Making me crave waffles now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to make some more this weekend to go with the rest of the syrup! :)

      Delete
  4. Just like a pancake house at Christmas time. Love flavored syrups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was already ready to pin just for the waffles, Rebekah, but that syrup takes it up more than just a few notches on the "my girls will LOVE this" scale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm yes eggnog was made for breakfast treats! You have a fantastic round up of eggnog recipes Rebekah, I'm with you, I want them all! :) This syrup takes it up a notch and sounds so good. A perfect Christmas recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious! It's been a while since I've made waffles, and I think I *need* to make these. The syrup sound divine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I think these may be a part of breakfast this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could go for a big stack of these waffles right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of a double eggnog breakfast! This would be an amazing holiday breakfast treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waffles were definitely the way to go here! I'll be doing this for breakfast this weekend - unless all the eggnog disappears between now and then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to have these for my breakfast, unfortunately I don't own a waffle machine, a girl can dream!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts