Cinnamon Sugar Butter Toast



This is a delicious cinnamon toast recipe - a smart way to make it to ensure you have even coverage of sweet, spiced, and ooey, gooey buttery in every bite!

I am a huge cinnamon toast fan, but VERY rarely take the time to make it (not that it takes much time to make it, I guess I just don't include it in our breakfast repertoire often... or ever). I love cinnamon raisin swirl bread too - but that's another one I haven't made the time for. I can't remember the last time I bought a loaf of it at the store, and have thought about making it at home, but haven't... The two go together in my opinion - but since my wonderful husband decided to make a loaf of gorgeous and delicious Amish White Bread, I decided to finally remedy my Cinnamon Toast craving and use some of that perfect homemade bread for this recipe. If you love cinnamon, sugar, butter, and bread - you can't miss with this quick, yummy breakfast or snack. Serve this up alongside some scrambled eggs and bacon, or make it as a snack after school or work - share it with your favorite people and enjoy a happy food moment! (Plus, the smell of this baking in the oven will make you happy even before you get that first buttery bite).



Cinnamon Sugar Butter Toast adapted from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
8 slices of bread (I recommend homemade - yumm!)
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
1/3 cup sugar (more to taste)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of freshly ground nutmeg (optional)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine softened butter with the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg (if using). Blend together until creamy and smooth, and evenly combined.
  3. Slather toast with an even layer of the cinnamon sugar butter, making sure to spread butter all the way to each corner.
  4. Lay buttered bread on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn heat to hi-broil and watch closely - brown the toast lightly then remove from the oven and enjoy warm.


Comments

Popular Posts