Perfect Pumpkin Pie



This totally fit the bill for a perfect, creamy, delicious pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I will definitely use this one again in the future. Super simple ingredient list, and you have a quintessential pumpkin pie - well seasoned, great texture, and a perfect way to end your special Holiday meal. I used my very last container of organic pumpkin puree for this pie. I was sad to see it go - and will have to restock my pantry with more pumpkin puree soon! I love cooking and baking with pumpkin (if you couldn't tell from my pumpkin scones, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, muffins... etc., etc.)!

I let our 14 month old have a couple bites, and of course she loved this too. She is a big fan of pumpkin - smart girl. :) My son and husband love pecan pie for holidays - and I made one of those as well, but it didn't come out quite right, so I need to try that one again until I get it right. Thankfully, though, this pumpkin pie came out just right!


Perfect Pumpkin Pie from Eagle Brand on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust (I use this one)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
  2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.





Comments

Popular Posts