Copy Cat: Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad



This is another one of the yummy recipes I made during the month of November when I was assigned to Sew You Think You Can Cook for Secret Recipe Club. I really loved this salad, and was happy for the introduction to broccoli slaw which I've never bought before, but loved! Great flavor and crisp for some texture in your salad dishes. 

The dressing was absolutely delicious - sweet, tangy, and creamy. A perfect accompaniment to this yummy, crunchy salad. I loved the panko breading on the baked chicken tenders - my son ate a bunch of those by themselves. A wonderful meal, and one that I will definitely make again to enjoy! Unfortunately my husband and son do not consider salad a main course, but every now and then I make them suffer through. :)


I didn't use the full amount of dressing on our salads, but just drizzled some over the top to taste. I wish I had some more of this chicken right now - it was so yummy! 

Oriental Chicken Salad from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
(serves 2)

Ingredients 
1 1b boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
1/2 cup flour, seasoned lightly with salt and pepper
1 - 2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 1/2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
1 cup broccoli slaw
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup Chow Mein noodles

Dressing:
3 TBS honey
1 1/2 TBS rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp sesame oil

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper. Dredge the strips in flour, coat in egg, and roll in panko breadcrumbs. Place prepared chicken on a greased baking sheet (or line baking sheet with a silpat or nonstick foil) and cook for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is crunchy on the outside, and cooked through.
  3. In a small, sealable container, whisk together honey, vinegar, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and sesame oil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  4. Assemble salad by combining the romaine, broccoli slaw, slivered almonds and chow mein noodles and distributing the mixture between 2 large plates. Top with cooked chicken and drizzle dressing.




Comments

Popular Posts