Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies




This is one of my "12 Cookies for Christmas" recipes that I wanted to try this Holiday Season. I'm so glad we got to try this one out! Perfectly yummy chocolatey oatmeal cookie. Soft, chewy, and perfect to snack on or eat with warm with some ice cream (Kenneth's favorite way to eat homemade cookies)!

Baking these cookies was also the perfect opportunity to utilize a pair of Silicone Heat Resistant Baking Gloves I received via Tomoson to test out. I love these things. They have replaced my collection of hot pads I used to keep near the stove. I love that they are SO easy to clean if I do accidentally get part of the glove into whatever I'm removing from the oven (I don't have to throw a hot pad in the wash every single time something gets on it) and I love how much dexterity and control I have when using these. They are much easier to use then a piece of cloth, and they give you a lot of protection from the heat of what you're handling. I can stand there and hold a hot pan or dish for much longer then it takes to move it from the oven to a surface to set it on before I start feeling the warmth seep through to my hands.




I hope you get the chance to try out these yummy cookies soon (well, that is if you like oatmeal chocolate chip cookies). They are a great addition to our growing collection of cookie recipes, and I wish I'd remembered to pack one to bring with to enjoy after lunch today!

The only additional suggestion I have to add to the instructions is to refrigerate the dough between batches. My 2nd batch started spreading and I didn't think too much of it, but by my third batch I ended up with a giant, thin, flat cookie!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies by PANTHERA on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Refrigerate dough between batches to prevent excess spreading during baking.
  3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.


Comments

Popular Posts