Cheesy Bacon Burgers
Another yummy bacon burger version we enjoyed recently. Kenneth made ginormous homemade buns so I had to make ginormous hamburger patties to go with them! This was a quick and filling dinner, to give us a taste of summer even in the cold winter weather.
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! We're still getting everything cleaned up and put away from our big Christmas day that we spent both at home with just our little family, and at my sister-in-laws with the whole family. It was a very nice day and the kids were thoroughly spoiled. We put Lindsey's new toys out in her play room, and packed up about half of the other toys to hide away so we can start rotating them to keep things "new and fun" for her!
We decided to run out for some groceries this morning and when we were at Sam's Club we discovered a ton of toys on clearance for about half off to reduce stock after Christmas, so we picked up something for Lindsey's birthday in September at a great deal! Gotta love planning ahead and getting a good deal. :)
Cheesy Bacon Burgers adapted from Kraft on AllRecipes
For the burgers:
1 pound lean ground beef
14 saltine crackers, finely crushed
1/4 cup BBQ sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's)
1/4 cup real bacon pieces
4 - 6 slices thick cut bacon (cook per this recipe)
4 hamburger buns
2 TBS mayonnaise
2 TBS BBQ sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's)
4 slices American or Cheddar cheese
Optional toppings: pickles, lettuce, tomato, red onion slices, etc.
- Combine the burger ingredients and mix well. Shape into 3 or 4 hamburger patties (depending on how large you want them).
- Cook burgers on a grill over medium to medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Turn off heat and top with a slice of cheese and allow to melt.
- Meanwhile, combine the 2 TBS mayonnaise and 2 TBS BBQ sauce. Evenly distribute BBQ sauce mixture onto the top halves of the buns.
- Place burger patty on the bottom half of the bun and top with 1 to 1 1/2 slices of cooked bacon (as desired), additional toppings (as desired) and top with the other half of the bun with the BBQ / mayo sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)