Fresh Apple Bundt Cake #BundtBakers
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
This month, Wendy from A Day In The Life On The Farm invited us to share bundt cakes that your father (or a special man in your life) would love in honor of Father's Day this weekend!
My dad loves apple pie - so I decided to go the apple route - plus who doesn't love apple cake any time of year! This recipe yields 5-6 mini bundt cakes which won't last long (which is perfect in my book - I don't need a pile of baked goods sitting around tempting me, I am learning to love baking "smaller")!
The cake is crisped on the exterior and SO soft and fluffy and light in the middle. The flavor is light - you could add a little extra salt and some additional spices for a deeper and more noticeable flavor. A little nutmeg would be a nice touch!
See all of our "dad" inspired bundt cakes!
These are tasty warm or room temperature! If you're impatient like me - you'll want to try them still warm. I was envisioning a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a small puddle of whipped cream to accompany a warm cake for an extra yummy treat.
The shredded apple pretty much disappears into the cake batter, so if you want to see the pieces of apple feel free to finely dice / chop all of it, or some of it, depending on the texture you'd prefer!
Fresh Apple Bundt Cake
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 TBS cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 TBS oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups grated or finely diced apples
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 6-well mini bundt cake pan with baker's spray.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oil and sugar and blend until smooth. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla and diced or shredded apples.
- Add in the dry ingredients and blend just until combined (don't overmix). Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, and stir in the nuts if using. Then divide the batter amongst the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Cool in pan about 5-10 minutes before gently inverting and cooling cakes completely on a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
Apple cake is one of my favorites and the birthday cake my Mom made for me each year. I love that this is a small batch recipe as well.ReplyDelete
Love these moist and cute apple bundts.ReplyDelete
Amazing and delicious cake! I have to have it now.ReplyDelete