Instant Pot Lemon Curd #MulticookerMonday
Lemon curd, lemon curd. I love thee, and let me count the ways. 1) On biscuits, 2) on pancakes or waffles, 3) in thumbprint cookies, 4) in meringue covered pie, 5) on a spoon, 6) over ice cream, 7) on scones (of course), 8) in between layers of cake, 9) macaron cookie filling, 10) layered with yogurt and berries for a parfait, 11) with granola for breakfast, 12) spread over a baked cheesecake, 13) as a layer in plussed-up strawberry shortcake, 14) as a tart filling, 15) as a cupcake filling, or layer under the frosting... ok... I think that's enough counting. And enough ideas if you didn't already have a few!
Now, let me introduce you to the easiest way to make lemon curd! I've made it stovetop a few times - but this Instant Pot version is so fabulously hands off. I am in even more in love with lemon curd than I was before. If that's possible.
Ingredients get a quick spin in the blender to combine them, poured into a heat proof container (a large 4-cup measuring cup works really well). Cover the container, place it on a trivet insert in your Instant Pot with some water poured underneath. Then set it, and forget it! Just whisk the mixture to combine after it comes out of it's pressure cooking cycle and voila! Gorgeous, creamy, deliciously tangy lemon curd is ready to go. Then it just needs to cool to firm up completely (it's fairly thin while hot).
Recipes using small kitchen appliances
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tomato Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Ranch Style Beans by Palatable Pastime
- Instant Pot Lemon Curd by Making Miracles
- Homemade Dulce de Leche (Pressure Cooker) by Sneha's Recipe
- Creamy Marinara Pasta in Instant Pot by Magical Ingredients
- Spicy Parmesan Pork Chops by Cookaholic Wife
- Vietnamese-Style Meatballs with Rice Noodles (Instant Pot) by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Instant Pot Lemon Curd
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 3-4 lemons)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in the blender and blitz briefly, then with the blender on pour in the melted butter. Allow to blend just until smooth (may be a little frothy).
- Pour the lemon curd into a large 4-cup glass measurer (or other Instant Pot safe container that you can cover). Cover the measuring cup with foil.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of water and the trivet insert into your Instant Pot.
- Set the prepared measuring cup with the lemon curd atop the trivet and seal the Instant Pot lid.
- Set Pressure Cook to 10 minutes. Once the cycle has finished, allow 10 minutes of natural release before quick releasing any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the container from the Instant Pot, and discard the foil. Use a whisk to whip the mixture until it comes together and is even and smooth (if it gets a little lumpy or curdled for a minute, keep whisking until it smooths out).
- Lemon Curd will be thin while it is warm but will thicken quite a bit as it sets up and cools.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container once cooled.
Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe