Berry Spinach Salad #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
This week, Renu from Cook with Renu invited us to make some magic with berries using any berry in any type of food.
So normally if I'm sharing a salad recipe I try to make my own dressing / vinaigrette to go with it, to make it more of a "recipe" I suppose. But - today I already had raspberry vinaigrette in my refrigerator (leftover from something) and I happen to really like this dressing!! So I opted to take the easy route and use what I had. That said - if you don't already have some of this dressing, or don't feel like picking up a bottle, I'd suggest your favorite strawberry vinaigrette, or a raspberry vinaigrette similar to this one!
Berries in salads are a go-to for me this time of year. I love keeping salads interesting by changing up the ingredients, and adding fruit is a favorite. Apples, and tangerines are two of my other favorites to add to greens. But a berry trio with some goat cheese is super high on my favorite list! You get the juicy goodness of fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries in this simple, colorful, inviting salad.
You can easily make this heartier and more "entree" appropriate by adding some sliced grilled chicken, or some grilled shrimp or your favorite cooked salmon. I think any would work wonderfully atop, or alongside this dish!
See all of our delicious berry recipes!
- Berry Spinach Salad by Making Miracles
- Blackberry Spinach Salad by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Blueberry & Grape Smoothie by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Blueberry Picking and a Summer Salad with Microflowers and Berries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Eggless Strawberry Banana Muffins by Cook with Renu
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Sandwiches with Blackberry Jalapeño BBQ Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Kokum Sherbat by Sneha’s Recipe
- Sparkling Strawberry Lemon Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Summer Berry Turnovers by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Berry Spinach Salad
6 cups baby spinach
1 cup strawberries, halved
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Raspberry Vinaigrette (to serve)
- Divide greens between 2-3 plates, followed by remaining salad ingredients (evenly divided amongst plates, adjusting quantities if needed to your tastes and preferences).
- Drizzle salad with raspberry vinaigrette to serve.
Note: Add grilled salmon, shrimp, or chicken if you'd like to make this a heartier entrée salad!
I love summertime. So easy to eat a rainbow every day. This is a gorgeous salad.ReplyDelete
A delicious salad makes an excellent light summertime meal!ReplyDelete
Strawberry salad! Looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
This is my kind of salad, Rebekah! I have some raspberry vinegar that would make a great dressing as well!ReplyDelete
A very berry berryful salad, love it. A fun way to enjoy berries and also a refreshing light meal during summer.ReplyDelete