Healthy Solutions Spice Blends Blogger Recipe Challenge: Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaf
Have you taken the Healthy Solutions Spice Blends Challenge yet? If not - you have until the end of March to do so! Find all the details here.
I requested to receive a packet of the Italian Meatballs Healthy Solutions Spice Blends which contains: Dehydrated onion, parsley, lemon peel, spices, dehydrated garlic, sea salt, and paprika. Contains (8 tsp of seasoning mix per packet). I had an idea in mind as soon as I picked my seasoning blend, and although I need to apologize for the poor pictures (this meatloaf was dinner, and there was nothing left to take better pictures with the next day when there was decent natural light again), I am overall pretty happy with how this one came out!
This is an easy to make and family friendly twist on traditional meatloaf. The spice blend gives the meatloaf tons of flavor, and the meat is kept moist from the spaghetti sauce mixed in and poured over top. Serve this cheesy loaf up with some garlic bread and a crisp Caesar salad for a delicious and filling dinner!
Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 packet Healthy Solutions Italian Meatballs Spice Blend
1 cup spaghetti sauce, divided use
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or 2 mozzarella cheese sticks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground beef, spice blend, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, grated Parmesan, egg, and oatmeal together in a large bowl.
- Place half of the meat mixture on the bottom of a loaf pan / meatloaf pan.
- Create a small indentation, leaving about a 1/2-inch margin along the edges. Fill the indentation with the shredded mozzarella cheese or two cheese sticks, side by side.
- Shape remaining meat mixture into a rectangle approximately the size of the loaf pan, and place over the top of the shredded cheese topped meat mixture already in the pan. Carefully press mixture to seal any edges (to try to prevent the cheese from seeping out during baking).
- Spread remaining spaghetti sauce over the top of the meatloaf, and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour.
- Optional: after 1 hour baking time, remove meatloaf from oven, sprinkle about 1/4 - 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over the top and return to the oven, uncovered, until cheese has melted and begins to turn lightly brown (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 - 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)