Orange Cantaloupe Smoothie for #FarmersMarketWeek







Welcome to #FarmersMarketWeek! We're taking the full week to share beautiful recipes with you inspired by ingredients that you can enjoy at your local Farmer's Markets; and this is the perfect time of year to really let the fresh fruits and veggies shine. There are some beautiful ingredients I have been picking up each week at our local markets and farms, and I can't wait to see what the other participating bloggers are serving up for inspiration!


If you have some cantaloupe and bananas - combine them for a quick, easy, and delicious smoothie to start the day! We were given a very ripe cantaloupe by my dad, and I happened to have an adorable bunch of ripening apple bananas, so I thought combining them all with a splash of orange juice and ice might be a great way to share the fruit with everyone (my family will pretty much drink anything I blend up, but getting them to eat fresh fruit before it goes bad is sometimes a challenge - depending on the week.... or the hour...).

Wednesday’s Farmers Market Week Recipes


Orange Cantaloupe Smoothie 

Ingredients
2 cups fresh cantaloupe, diced
1 small banana (I used 2 "apple bananas" from the Farmer's Market)
1 cup orange juice
handful (about 3/4 cup) ice

Directions
  1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
  2. Makes about 25 ounces - good for two servings.

Comments

Popular Posts