8/10/20 ~ Weekly Meal Plan


Welcome to mid-August...!! The days are absolutely flying by... not that this is anything new lately, but it still makes me catch my breath every time the weekend rolls around and I have to acknowledge that yet again another week has come and gone! Then it's time to regroup and wrap my head around what needs to be accomplished in the following week.

This is an extra big week because Lindsey's ballet classes resume, and so does school! We are full digital in our county, which I'm grateful for, but even more grateful for the fact that we are able to work from home which makes digital school doable for our family. And because I only have one student to work with it's definitely even easier for me than I know it has been for many other families trying to assist multiple kids.

We have some tasty meals on the menu for this coming week that I can't wait to try out and taste! Every week is a new adventure in the kitchen - what ingredients need to be used up, what recipes I'm able to get to, what ingredients I need to locate or am unable to locate so have to substitute. I enjoy the challenge of making new dishes, making sure we don't waste food so getting creative with leftovers, and keeping what we are cooking and eating new so no one gets bored with eating at home so often!

I've gotten really good at incorporating odds and ends leftovers into breakfast casseroles - any fruit that needs to be used up, leftover glazes / frostings, and any sort of leftover bread items have often found their way into french toast casseroles; even leftover muffins went into a yummy bread-pudding esque breakfast casserole recently. Waste not want not has been in the back of my mind!

Monday
Grilled Salmon Tacos with Avocado Salsa

Tuesday
Vegetable Oats Soup
Garden Harvest Vegetable Bread Loaf

Wednesday
Bowtie Chicken Alfredo
Roasted Asparagus

Thursday
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta

Friday
Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs
Smoke Cheddar Mac 'N Cheese
Steamed Broccoli

Baking this week:
Tiramisu Bundt Cake
Earl Grey & Blueberry Tea Cakes

Comments

Popular Posts