8/31/20 ~ Weekly Meal Plan


Welcome to another week! The days just keep passing by at lightning quick speeds. This weekend has passed in a complete blur. I took my daughter for a hike on Saturday mid-day and we spent an hour at the pool on Sunday, mixed in with normal cooking, cleaning, organizing, projects around the house, laundry... or as I like to call the Laundry - The Never Ending Story. Speaking of... pretty sure I have a load in need of being moved to the dryer... sigh.

This week I have a few blog projects on the menu, and a few just because they sounded good recipes! I am really excited to get around to trying a batch of Skolleboller Pastries; I had one of these when I was in Norway years ago and I have dreamed about them ever since. That custard filling is amazzzinnnggg... I need to whip up a batch of rolls or some french bread for the French Dip this week as well.

This weekend my Baby Baker and I "visited Hawaii". She drew a big mural on paper, and we made some Hawaiian inspired dishes including Loco Moco and a Hawaiian cake (full of mandarin oranges and pineapple). She's been day dreaming about a visit to Hawaii for the past year or so. I'm not quite sure what sparked her interest, but she really wants to see a volcano, I know that's definitely what she associates with visiting Hawaii! Hopefully someday I'll be able to take my little adventure loving girl to see the Hawaiian islands.

Monday
Dutch Mashed Potatoes and Carrots with Meatballs

Tuesday
Spicy Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup

Wednesday
French Dip Sandwiches

Thursday
Beef Stroganoff

Friday
Hawaiian Meatloaf

Baking this week:
Skolleboller Pastries
Salted Caramel Butter Bars
Chocolate PB Cupcakes

Comments

Popular Posts