Redneck Nachos



Before we moved to Lilburn, we had a favorite BBQ place in Hiram - the Happy Hawg. They had these Hickory Fries that me and my son both LOVED. Crispy, seasoned fries smothered in pulled pork, cheese, and BBQ sauce (and you could get ranch dressing on the side for dipping if preferred to BBQ). They were DELICIOUS!


Well, since moving back in October, we have not had the chance to enjoy that treat and I had a hankering for some the other day. We had made a batch of super yummy crockpot ribs, and had a little bit of meat leftover so I decided to turn that into these tasty, cheesy, BBQ smothered french fries.


Maybe these should not be called nachos, but that's what they were called at Pig-N-Chik (yet another BBQ restaurant I like) and so that's what I'm calling them! If you want some cheesy, barbecuey goodness served over some crispy seasoned fries then make yourself a batch of these and enjoy!


Redneck Nachos

1 28-oz bag frozen steak french fries
Seasoning salt, to taste
2 cups cooked shredded rib meat or pulled pork
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
BBQ for dipping

Directions
  1. Bake french fries according to package directions on a large baking sheet. When you pull them out half way through to stir, season to taste with seasoning salt.
  2. When fries are done, remove from oven and distribute the shredded meat over the top (if the meat you are using is leftover, make sure to warm it through before adding atop the fries), then sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
  3. Return to the oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
  4. Remove "nachos" from the oven, and spread a little BBQ over the top (if desired) with more on the side for dipping.




Comments

  1. Wow....those look amazing. Thank you for the post. I will definitely be making this recipe and I love the name too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - I hope you get to try them out and enjoy them too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts