Sarah's Banana Bread Muffins



We just made these muffins this morning and I loved them so much I had to come share them! We are big muffin lovers around here (you can see my recipe index for verification). However, we haven't had a muffin recipe for awhile now. The last one I made (which was one I'd made before with good success) came out really badly and I wasn't happy with it at all (I'm pretty sure it was the frozen blueberries I was using, but either way - made me gun shy for awhile).


These banana bread tasting beauties are perfect. Simple ingredient list results in subtle, banana infused, tender, moist, and sweet muffins. Fresh from the oven they are absolutely perfect with a little bit of butter tucked in the middle to melt. My family ate all but 3 of the 14 muffins this recipe made for me just for breakfast! My 19-month old loved, loved, loved them too and that's what she pointed at when it was snack time this afternoon. You could certainly cut the sugar back to 1/2 or 3/4 cup if you don't want a sweet muffin, or just to save on calories. I don't think you'd miss it much.

Next time I will add a sprinkle of diced nuts to the top of the batter before baking in addition to the nuts mixed in - I thought they needed a little more "crunch". Otherwise these were wonderful just as written!


I received a 3-pack of bamboo cutting boards which I used to take pictures of these muffins on today - they are a terrific value and we've been getting a lot of use out of them! Easy to clean, and the three sizes come in very handy. I have used the small one very frequently to dice up fruit for Lindsey's meal times, and the larger ones are perfect for dinner time; slicing up veggies for casseroles, soups, sauteing, salads, etc.

Sarah's Banana Bread Muffins 

from Sarah on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffin cups in muffin tin, or grease with a little butter (I used Baker's Joy spray).
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend sugar, oil, and egg until creamy and light yellow. Add the bananas and blend until batter is mostly smooth, with just a few lumps from the banana. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and blend until completely smooth. Stir in the nuts. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
  3. Bake for 22 - 30 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean.


*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.


Comments

Popular Posts