#SecretRecipeClub ~ Open Faced Bacon, Avocado, and Egg Sandwiches


Welcome to the April, Group D, reveal day for Secret Recipe Club! I hope you will take a moment to visit the  Secret Recipe Club if you've never heard of it before - it is a wonderful group of bloggers who are given a "secret" assignment of another member's blog each month and our goal is to pick ANYTHING from their blog to make and post about on our designated reveal day! I have been a part of SRC for just over two years now and LOVE the opportunity to get to know another blogger a little better each month by spending time browsing their blog, reading through their recipes and posts, and finding something perfect for my family from what they've shared.


For the month of April, I was give Lynsey's blog "Lynsey Lou's" to stalk, I mean browse. You may know I am semi partial to this name since I have an adorably crazy 19-month old named Lindsey in my home.


Lynsey married the love of her life in March 2008 and started food blogging in June of that same year - so you will find recipes shared from almost all of Lynsey's married life chronicled in her blog which is pretty cool! Lynsey gained her passion for cooking by growing up in the kitchens of her mother and grandmothers and says the kitchen is the heart of her home. Lynsey has southern roots and takes her inspiration from those roots, along with cookbooks, blogs, websites, etc.

 Here are a few of the amazing recipes I found myself clicking on when browsing Lynsey's recipe index: Homemade Graham Crackers, Easy Restaurant Style Salsa, Quick Pickles, Brownie Pie, Oreo Crunch Brownies, Reese's PB Cup Oreo Blondies, Cheesy Chili Mac, Overnight Cinnamon Rolls, Whole Wheat Pitas, Breakfast Skillet, Butterfinger Banana Muffins, BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza, Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos, Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken, Beer Battered Fish, Bacon Lovers Baked Macaroni and Cheese, BLT Pasta, Creamy Taco Mac, PB Reese's Pie, Mushroom Sausage Ragu, Autumn Chopped Salad, French Dip Briskett, Ranch BLT Wraps, Steak and Hummus Sandwiches, Pressed Picnic Sandwiches, Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Fanned Potatoes, Stewed Collard Greens, BLTs with Roasted Onion Mayo, Bean and Cheese Burritos, or a Banana-Rama Coffee Milkshake!! I think I could just eat off of Lynsey's blog for the next month or two and that would be just fine with me.


Open Faced Bacon, Avocado, and Egg Sandwiches from Lynsey Lou's

Ingredients
6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
2 eggs, fried over easy
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1 small ripe tomato, thickly sliced
2 pieces thick cut bread, toasted and buttered
2-oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions
  1. Assemble sandwiches on a baking sheet.  Evenly divide the sliced avocado and place on the toasted bread, followed by the tomato slices, then with 3 slices of bacon (per sandwich) and gently lay the fried eggs on top of the bacon.  
  2. Lay the shredded cheese on top and place under a lo-broil in the oven for a minute or two, until cheese has melted.
My baby Lindsey



Comments

  1. Mmm that's my kind of breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too - wish I could figure out how to bring that to work. :D

      Delete
  2. Happy reveal day! So glad you enjoyed perusing the blog! I hope you enjoyed these sandwiches, they are one of our favorites! And...your daughter is beyond precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynsey - and thanks for sharing this yummy breakfast sandwich!! I loved every bite of it. And thanks for the sweet comments about my punkin head - she's a mess, and she's the most wonderful thing that could have happened to me. :)

      Delete
  3. You are killing me with that sandwich!!! I need to go home and make one now!!! It looks delicious with all of that melty cheese. Love the photo of your Lindsey! I had fun stalking, er, browsing your blog this month Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for stalking / browsing this past month! :D And I think this sandwich would make a perfect snack, lunch, dinner too - who says breakfast sandwiches are just for breakfast? :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is exactly the type of breakfast sandwich that I love love love love LOVE! It looks so wonderful - what a great combination of flavors. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this looks so yummy! Our favorite breakfast place has a "California" Eggs Benedict, which has bacon and avocado on it... reminds me of this! And it's my favorite thing there! Definitely need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yumm!! California Eggs Benedicts sounds delicious!

      Delete
  6. Yum, yum, yum! The simple things really are the best aren't they? We will be making this on the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I hope you get a chance to fix these, they're so good!

      Delete
  7. Well it's a shame you couldn't find any recipes that you liked and wanted to share on Lynsey's blog LOL. That is a huge list, no wonder you had a hard time choosing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! :D I had my work cut out this month - narrowing down the list! :)

      Delete
  8. This is exactly the type of breakfast we look forward to eating every weekend! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness that sandwich looks sensational - I want one of those right now - and your wee Lindsey looks completely and utterly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning- I just found your party. I was wondering if anyone can link at your party?

    Linda

    http://bestoflongislandandcentralflorida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your list reminds me of what happened when I was assigned Lynsey's blog :) And the sammy looks unbelievable! Happy reveal day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Reveal Day~ This sandwich has it all~ Yum:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the kind of meal that would make me open an exception and have breakfast! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am all about the breakfast sandwich. This looks like perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a good egg sandwich! And with avocado--yum. Who needs a second slice of bread when you have all that??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I, too, enjoy Lynsey's blog. Your sandwich looks diner worthy - and I mean that in the most positive manner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic pick this is!! I've got to make this over the weekend. Thanks for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts