Turkey and Cheddar Sandwiches
Back in October 2014 my Secret Recipe Club assignment was Melissa from Fried Ice and Donut Holes - I shared a super delicious soup recipe from her blog that reveal day; but I've been holding on to this one ever since then.
This sandwich was an adaptation of her Roast Beef, Peppers and Cheddar sandwich recipe and it came out SO good! The cheese sauce was fabulous. Perfectly creamy, cheesy, and not so thin that it spread everywhere. It stayed right where it should, so was only a little bit messy. I chose to use turkey since that is generally my favorite lunch meat to use.
Turkey and Cheddar Sandwiches adapted from Fried Ice and Donut Holes
1 pound good quality turkey lunch meat
1 onion, thinly sliced (optional)
1 green pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup evaporated milk
4 rolls, split in half (I recommend this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide the turkey between the 4 rolls on a baking sheet, and heat for about 5-8 minutes, or until heated through.
- Meanwhile (if using) sauté onions and peppers with olive oil in a medium pan until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the cheese and evaporated milk over medium-low heat until the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the turkey with the sautéed onions and peppers and drizzle with the cheese sauce. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)