{Kitchen Fail} Rainbow Bundt Cake

Our monthly reveal for Bundt Bakers is coming up - I won't spoil the surprise about what our theme is this month, but I did want to share a complete Kitchen Fail I had in my first attempt for April's reveal day (make sure to come back in 3 days to see all the beautiful bundt cakes on the 16th!)


I was so excited about this cake - I loved the idea of seeing gorgeous swirled colors when I cut into the cake and was so so careful when I poured each color into the pan (my brand new beautiful Nordic Ware Platinum Rose Cast Aluminum Bundt Pan that I was also very excited about).


Here's a link to the recipe I used. The batter tasted great, we had 6 bowls of fun colors to layer in, I poured them in exactly how she described. I removed it from the oven, and it cooled. I turned it out and allowed it to finish cooling. The anticipation was mounting!! I finally sliced into the cake... and this is what I saw:


No beautiful swirls of colors... just a muddied rainbow of greenish / bluish / purplish... sigh.

Oh well, you win some, you loose some. It did allow me the chance to try out these fantastic silicone cupcake molds I was sent - the cake might not have come out how I'd hoped, but the cupcake molds worked great and I love all the colors in this set!




*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.


Comments

Popular Posts