#BundtBakers ~ Surprise Inside Carrot Bundt Cake
Welcome to the April reveal day for the Bundt Bakers! This month our theme was chosen by Anshie who blogs at Spice Roots; she chose "Hidden Surprise"! There was a LOT of trial and error for many of us this month, several of us baked 2 and even 3 cakes to get the taste, appearance, and "surprise" we were aiming for!
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I posted my Kitchen Fail a couple days ago - my first attempt for this theme was a Rainbow Cake, but I did not get pretty swirls of color, so I moved on to the next cake I had on my list to try - this delicious Carrot Bundt Cake!
I am so glad I got to try this one out - the cake is wonderful. Moist, full of crunchy bites of nuts, surrounded by tender and sweet carrot cake; and tucked in the middle? A delicious, creamy cheesecake swirl!
This cake just gets a light dusting of powdered sugar and it is ready to go. The bottom bakes up crunchy, and the rest of the cake is completely tender; it makes for the perfect texture contrast.
- Almond Crunch Cake - Magnolia Days
- Balsamic Strawberries Bundt Cake - Our Good Life
- Banana Maple Bundt Cake with Chocolate Star - Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Black and White Surprise Bundt Cake - Patty's Cake
- Chocolate and Vanilla Polka Dot Bundt - Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Oreo Cheesecake Filling - Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Peanut Butter Bundt Cake - Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Citrus Raspberry Bundt - Noshing With The Nolands
- Confetti Zebra Cake - Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Cookie Dough Bundt Cake - Liv for Cake
- German Mozarthupf - A Kingdom for a Cake
- Graham Cracker Bundt Cake with Key Lime Cheesecake Swirl - Brooklyn Homemaker
- KitKat Surprise Bundt Cake -Simply Veggies
- Lemon Blueberry Van Halen Bundt - Food Lust People Love
- Orange and Strawberry Jam Bundt Cake - Baking Yummies
- Pear and Blue Cheese Bundt - Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Polka Dot Bundt Cake - Brunch with Joy
- Raspberry Filled Lemon Bundt - A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Real Nutella Bundt Cake - Baking in Pyjamas
- Savory Monkey Bread Stuffed Bundt - Adventures in All Things Food
- Sour Cream Boozy Hazelnut Bundt Cake - Sidewalk Shoes
- Spring Break S'mores Cake - Tea and Scones
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bundt Cake - Basic N Delicious
- Strawberry Twinky Bundt Cake - I Love Bundt Cakes
- Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake - Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies
- Surprise Bundt - Mummy & Cute
- Surprise Filled Chocolate Bundt Cake - Media Ración Doble, Por Favor
- Surprise Inside Carrot Bundt Cake- Making Miracles
- Triple Lemon Bundt Cake - Baking and Creating with Avril
- Tropical Surprise Bundt Cake - Spice Roots
- Surprise Inside Carrot Bundt Cake from With a Grateful Prayer and A Thankful Heart
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and egg, mixing until well blended. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add combined oil and eggs, mixing just until moistened. Fold in carrots and nuts. Reserve 2 cups of batter; pour remaining batter into greased and floured 9 inch bundt pan.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over batter; carefully spoon reserved batter over cream cheese mixture, spreading to cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees, 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan carefully onto cooling rack or serving plate. Cool completely and then sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
1 (8-oz) pkg. Philadelphia Brand cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 cup flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 cup oil
3 eggs, beaten
3 cups carrots, shredded
1/2 cup nuts, chopped (I used pecans)