Nutella S'Mores Dip
When I first read about Nutella S'Mores Dip at Mind Over Batter I think I swooned. Aside from the post which was fantastic, the photos which were gorgeous and drool worthy, the recipe idea was AWESOME! My love for S'mores is no secret, and I couldn't wait to give this recipe a try! It was divine. SO rich and super chocolatey, and SUPER SWEET. But what a fun treat!! I served this for my son and his friend who was over on the weekend, and we sat around the table, eat way too much sweet stuff, burned our mouths, and had a generally good time! I liked the slightly chewy texture and toffee flavor added by the bits, but leave them out if you don't have them or don't want to include them. The best part is the gooey chocolateyness mixed with the gooeyfied marshmallow topping scooped up on the end of a crunchy, slightly sweet graham cracker. Happy food moment! And much easier (and less mess!) than a campfire s'more excursion. Not that you can beat a campfire s'more excursion - but this is a nice way to bring the s'mores inside for an occasional treat!
Nutella S'Mores Dip adapted from Mind Over Batter
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or half semi-sweet, half milk chocolate)
2 TBS toffee bits
3 - 4 TBS Nutella
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
Graham crackers and/or Nilla Wafer cookies for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet spread the chocolate chips and toffee bits evenly across the bottom.
- Use a small spoon to gently dollop the Nutella around on top of the chips (spread carefully for a more even distribution if you'd like).
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 6 - 10 minutes, watching carefully and removing from the oven as soon as they are puffy and lightly browned.
- Serve warm with cookies and / or graham crackers to dip. (Careful, the chocolate mixture is VERY hot when it's first out of the oven!)