Hot Dog Corn Muffins



These are fast, easy, and will take you right back to your childhood! Hot dogs that don't come straight off the grill take me back to a very specific day in my childhood - middle school to be exact. A friend in my class and I were working on a project that involved hot dogs. I could not for the life of me tell you exactly what we were testing, but I can tell you I probably ate more than a package of hot dogs by myself that day... the house wreaked of hot dogs, and the smell made me nauseous for quite awhile afterwards! Hopefully we got a good grade.

These are yummy - sweet and tender cornbread with little bites of hot dogs tucked inside. I chose to grease a muffin tin and not use cupcake liners, but you can use a liner if you want easier clean up, and these did stick which caused some of the edges to fall apart a little, so I'm sure it would help them hold together better as well.

My son and hubby both really liked these, they ate them up and the leftovers disappeared by the next day!

Hot Dog Corn Muffins slightly adapted from Life on Food
(12 muffins)

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 TBS baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 hot dogs, diced into bite sized pieces

Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Whisk the melted butter, yogurt, milk, and eggs together until smooth.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda and the salt. In batches, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients stirring just until blended. Add in the hot dog pieces and stir gently.
  3. Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full. 
  4. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.


Comments

Popular Posts