I have been on a S'mores kick lately. See some of my pins: Milk Chocolate S'moreos, Nutella S'mores Dip, Peanut Butter S'mores Dip, Grilled S'mores Banana Splits, S'more Panini, S'mores Brownies, Samoa S'mores, S'mores Brownie Pie... If there's a 12 step program for those with chocolate / graham cracker / marshmallow addictions I only want to join if one of the steps involves eating S'mores... In any event, when I stumbled across these S'mores Bars I decided they were going on my menu that week. We had company over for Labor Day and these were our dessert. Campfire goodies without the smoke. :) They were chewy and everyone gave them big thumbs up. They disappeared in about 24 hours flat. My son really liked these! I loved the soft pieces of chocolate combined with the chewy cookie base and the gooey melted marshmallows. Happiness in a little bar. I will definitely make these again!
S'mores Bars from Emily at Life on Food
1/2 tsp water
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, unsalted (1 stick)
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (appx. 5 sheets, crushed)
1 cup chocolate chips, divided
1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep an 8" baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the water and baking soda, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Cream until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla, egg, and baking soda / water mixture. Combine.
- Gradually add in the salt, graham cracker crumbs and flour just until combined.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven (make sure the bars are cooked through, return them to a 350 degree oven until cooked through if they are not ready). Turn the broiler on to lo.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the top of the bars and place under the broiler for about a minute, or until the marshmallows are lightly toasted. Watch carefully.
- Turn the oven off. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the marshmallows. Return the pan to the oven for a few minutes until the chips have softened.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)