Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
These are so YUMMY! They are quick and easy, and a great little treat to store in the fridge or freezer when you just want a little something sweet. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate goes perfectly together, and the flaxseed meal makes these healthy - right?! The original recipe called for AP flour, but I didn't feel comfortable using raw flour in this dough ball recipe so I swapped flaxseed meal and thought it worked really well! I might even give a little taste to my 1 year old and see what she thinks - though I'm pretty sure I already know she'll love it as much as everyone else in the house did!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls slightly adapted from Life on Food
Makes: 8-10 balls
3 tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/4 cup quick oats
3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter and brown and white sugars. Cream on high speed until creamy - about 2 minutes.
- Add in the salt and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add in the flaxseed meal and quick oats on low speed, mix just until combined.
- With a spatula or large spoon, incorporate the mini chocolate chips by hand.
- You can put the dough into the refrigerator and allow to chill slightly to make the balls a little easier to create, or go ahead and shape the cookie dough balls and then refrigerate or freeze.
I am just wild about recipes like this. Quick and healthy! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Potluck. We'd love it if you'd link back to the party within your post....makes you eligible to be featured. LOVE these!ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by Marsha - linked up directly now. :) Thanks for hosting!Delete