The Liebster Award - I'd Like To Thank The Academy...


Actually, I'd like to thank Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This is an award given to new bloggers or bloggers with less than 200 followers.  It is an opportunity to get to know other bloggers and to help them increase their readership.


The rules are very simple.
  1. Post 11 Random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  3. Nominate bloggers with less than 200 followers to do the same.
  4. Advise those bloggers you nominated that you chose them.
My Random Facts.
  1. I have a 13 month old daughter and a son who turns 16 years old this month.
  2. We currently have 4 rescue dogs (a basset hound, a pug, a chihuahua, and a lab / retriever mix).
  3. I LOVE scented candles and go on kicks where I burn one about every second I'm in the house for a week straight.
  4. We just moved into a new home 1 1/2 weeks ago - this is our first move in over 10 years (though I grew up moving a LOT).
  5. I have been a gestational carrier 3 times and delivered 4 girls to 3 families - and am hoping to be a surrogate one more time!
  6. We have fostered many dogs and puppies over the years, for BHRG and RNPR.
  7. My husband and I were married as teenagers on a pier overlooking the ocean in West Africa at the end of 11th grade.
  8. I adore horses and dream of one day having enough space to have a couple of my own.
  9. I would be happy to never make the same recipe twice - there are SO MANY new recipes out there that I want to try, but my husband and son accuse me of "experimenting" on them if I don't make family favorites at least once in awhile.
  10. At the age of 28, I lost my mom in November 2009, miss her like crazy, and have a portrait tattoo of her on my arm.

 My Answers to Wendy's Questions
  1. What is your favorite cocktail? Answer: Green Apple Martinis
  2. Who is the most famous person you ever met in person? Answer: I've met a bunch of musicians from Christian bands when I was younger, I remember Audio Adrenaline and Rebecca St. James.
  3. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far in your life? Answer: I think bringing 6 beautiful lives into this world (2 mine, 4 surrogate babies).
  4. Do you prefer a large party or a small intimate party? Answer: BOTH! If I had to pick, I guess I'd say intimate so I can have more one on one time with everyone there.
  5. What is your favorite food? Answer: Oh I love food... all food... I guess Pizza if I have to pick one favorite - so many variety options, and I adore bread and cheese. :D
  6. What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten? Answer: Probably wild boar jerky.
  7. What is the last book you read? Answer: I wish I remembered... it's been too long since I read anything! :( Probably a cook book - does that count?!
  8. What is your biggest fear? Answer: Loosing one of my children.
  9. If you could have any job in the world what would it be? Answer: Staying home to raise my children - if that doesn't count as a job then being a successful professional photographer.
  10. Who was the last person you hugged? Answer: My baby girl as she was crying and I was leaving for work. :(
  11. Name one thing about yourself that you absolutely love. Answer:That is seriously a difficult question... I wish that it wasn't! I think what I love about myself is that I have a big heart - for animals, children, and for others. 
My Questions for You
  1. What is the last thing you ate today?
  2. What is a recipe that you've had on your "to-make" list for awhile and can't wait to get to?
  3. Do you collect anything?
  4. Did you grow up eating anything that others would think is weird but you still enjoy?
  5. What is one of your favorite Holiday traditions?
  6. What is your favorite present you received at Christmas last year?
  7. Do you eat a traditional Thanksgiving dinner? If not, what will be on the menu this year?
  8. What does love mean to you?
  9. What is one thing from your "bucket list" that you haven't done yet?
  10. Are you afraid of heights?
  11. Where is one of your favorite places you have traveled so far?
I Nominate:
  1. Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
  2. Sue at Couscous and Consciousness 
  3. Susan at Food.Baby.Life
  4. Shirley at Enriching Your Kid!
  5. You - won't you join us? 



Comments

  1. thanks for joining in Rebekah it was nice getting to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination Wendy! It was great to get to know you better too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I hope you will play along - I'd love to see your answers and get to know you better! :)

      Delete
  3. Rebekah, thanks for the nomination and for thinking of me. Sorry, that there has just been far too much life getting in the way of blogging for me the last month or so and I haven't had an opportunity to participate. Loved reading this and learning a bit more about you though :-) xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts