Bruschetta Chicken


I am in camera-less land right now. My battery charger for my digital camera is lost in the myriad of boxes left to be unpacked. Sigh. I miss having my camera! I use it every day - snapping pictures of puppies, kiddos, food... my life! It's very strange not having it.

So, I took a crappy picture with my phone for this dinner - not a great picture (not even a little), but a yummy dinner none the less! Hopefully once my camera is back in action I will remake this dinner and update the pictures. It was really good, and I will definitely make it again soon. I loved the seasoning mixture on the chicken, and the tomatoes were so delicious. My 13 month old generally doesn't like tomato - but she LOVED these tomatoes! She was popping them in her mouth one after the other after the other (hence the messy tray in the picture above). Happy girl, happy mama!

My son and husband enjoyed these as well, even though neither of them are huge tomato fans (me on the other hand - I am all about the tomatoes!) The recipe suggests cooking the chicken on the grill, but I cooked mine in a skillet since our grill has not currently been set back up (and it's COLD outside right now!)

Serve some Bruschetta on the side along with a Caesar salad or some green beans and you will have a delicious dinner in no time!


Bruschetta Chicken by Mazola on AllRecipes
 
Ingredients
4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tablespoon Spice Islands® Italian Herb Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Fine Grind Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Fine Grind Black Pepper
2 cups diced plum tomatoes
1/4 cup diced red onion (I omitted since we don't like raw onion)
1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil (I used about 1 TBS of Garden Gourmet's basil, added into the tomato mixture)

Directions
  1. Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic freezer bag, one at a time. Lightly pound chicken breasts to an even thickness of about 3/4-inch (or slice chicken breasts in half so you have two thin pieces). Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour half of the marinade over the chicken, reseal bag, and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes. (Chicken and marinade can be prepared ahead; covered and refrigerated overnight.)
  2. Preheat grill to medium heat or about 350 degrees F. Combine remaining marinade with diced tomatoes and red onion; set aside. Transfer chicken from marinade onto grill surface and discard marinade. Grill chicken for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Spoon bruschetta mixture over chicken and top with basil; serve immediately.


Comments

  1. This looks awesome! I love bruschetta...great pairing with the chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts