Pumpkin Apple Muffins by Mazola





Using different lighting and locations - how many different ways can I make the same muffin look? A lot of different ways, apparently! Regardless of the variation in photos - these make a delicious, tender, and flavorful muffin. Packed full of yummy goodness they make a wonderful breakfast or snack. I used all AP flour since I didn't have wheat on hand this time, and these came out great! My teenager in particular gobbled these up. My hubby and 13 month old both liked them as well. I will definitely use these again. A great fall baked goodie to keep in your arsenal!

This is a wonderful recipe from Mazola - you can find their whole recipe collection on AllRecipes.com here. I received a sample of Mazola's corn oil to use this month as part of the AllRecipes AllStars program. I've had the pleasure of working with Mazola before and posted about their product here, and shared their Pork Carnitas recipe and the DELICIOUS Sweet and Spicy Salmon too!

Visit Mazola at their website here, or on Facebook.



Pumpkin Apple Muffins by Mazola on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 apple, cored and shredded
1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used dried cherries)
2 tablespoons flax seed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and baking powder in medium bowl. Whisk together pumpkin, apple, oil, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and flax seed. Portion into greased muffin cups or use paper liners. Sprinkle with walnuts.
  2. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan.

DISCLAIMER:
I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from sponsors are only used for experienced-based reviews on Making Miracles. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Rebekah.




Comments

  1. These look lovely. I am awed that you are a contributor to allrecipes. com. It is one of my go to sites when looking for recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://allrecipes.com/help/questions/faq/allstars.aspx You should check out the brand ambassadors program Wendy - it's a TON of fun! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts