Peanut Butter Bars





This is a fabulous recipe that I've been making (every now and then) for a few years now. My husband is a HUGE Reese's Peanut Butter fanatic and he LOVES when I whip up a batch of these. These are great for a sweet dessert, to pack and take in a lunch, enjoy as an after school snack, or share at a party! I took a batch of these to an end of the season soccer party for my son once, and a huge tupperware was emptied out very, very quickly.

I've halved the recipe before and fixed in an 8x8 baking dish and that works well for these too. I store these in the refrigerator so they retain their shape and don't get too soft - though they don't usually last long!


Peanut Butter Bars by Nancy on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 cup butter or margarine, melted                         
2 cups graham cracker crumbs               
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons peanut butter                                
                                      
Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch dish. 
  2. In a metal bowl, over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. They are VERY yummy! I love no bake treats like these every now and then - and a little goes a long way with these, they're pretty rich.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts