Garlicky Crab Legs

I bought crab legs awhile back, and they have been hanging out in my freezer just waiting for the chance to be turned into something delicious! Perhaps I was a little intimidated to give them a try - I've never cooked them before and though we love seafood I don't make it at home all that often. This was really easy though, and I would definitely make it again! My husband isn't a big fan of crab legs (too much work!) but my son and I love them and this was a tasty and decadent treat.

I am posting the original recipe below, but I made only the crab legs and did some steamed buttery corn on the side. I used only 1 1/2 sticks of butter as we, but used the full amount of seasonings. It was yummy and so rich! After I sauteed the legs I poured the remaining garlic butter over them on a plate to serve them from.

Boiled the frozen (pre-cooked) crab legs for about 10
minutes to heat them up.
Meanwhile, I melted about 1 1/2 sticks of butter in a large
saucepan and added in the garlic.
The red pepper and Old Bay seasoning were mixed in.
Hot, steamy crab legs! I made a slit in each leg.
The crab legs were sauteed in the butter mixture for about
10 minutes. I turned them occasionally.
Buttery, yummy crab legs!
Garlic Crab Legs by Robyn Pravitz on AllRecipes.com


Ingredients
3 1/2 pounds Alaskan king crab legs with shell
6 ears fresh corn
1 1/2 cups butter
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste

Directions

  1. In a very large stock pot, bring a large amount of water to boil. Place crab legs and corn in the pot of boiling water. Boil until the corn is tender, and the crab legs are opaque and flaky. The crab may finish cooking before the corn, check the corn and crab every 5 minutes to see if they are finished cooking. When finished cooking, drain well. Cut a slit into each of the crab leg shells to make it easier for your guests to get to the meat.
  2. In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine, garlic, red pepper, and Old Bay (TM) seasoning. Stir in the crab and corn, and saute them for 5 to 10 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts