An Ode to Theo (Feel Free to Drool... a little)

Oh Theo, Theo how I love you... let me count the ways...

Ok, seriously, my brother introduced me to this Seattle gem when I went up for a visit in early December. Theo Chocolate produces premium organic and Fair Trade specialty chocolate (so not only does it taste absolutely amazing you can feel GOOD about where it comes from and how its produced too)!!

According to their website:

As the first and only organic and Fair Trade chocolate factory in the country, all of our ingredients are carefully screened to ensure they meet our standards for social and environmental responsibility. Theo’s standards and practices include:


Using only pure ingredients that are grown sustainably. We source our ingredients locally whenever possible.

Partnering with our growers by ensuring they earn a living wage and have access to education for their families.

Honoring and respecting our employees and suppliers. This is possible due to the unique fact that we control every step of our own manufacturing process.

Using green energy sources to power our factory.

Using sustainable packaging and printing methods.

Educating about social and environmental accountability 7 days a week through public tours of our artisan factory.
Jake and I took the tour of their amazing facility and store while I was there and it was awesome and I HIGHLY reccommend it to anyone who's in the Seattle area. Not only do I think their practices are pretty dang amazing, but holy moly their products are fantastic and there are TONS of samples throughout both the store and the tour. YUMMY!! :) I brought a few bars home with me in December and ate the last little bit just a couple nights ago (of a yummy Vanilla flavored bar) and so I decided no other chocolate would do and I spent the money to order a new stockpile and have it shipped here... So now I have a little collection to drool over and dream about enjoying for the next 6 months or so... I figure about one bar a month is fair, right?!

I got Hazelnut Crunch, Coffee Dark Chocolate, Cherry & Almond Dark Chocolate, Toasted Coconut Dark Chocolate, Rich Dark Chocolate, Creamy Milk Chocolate, and Salted Almond Milk Chocolate. All the Darks are 70% cacao!


So drool a little with me, and then hop on over to Theo's website and order your own fantastic and amazing chocolate bar!! (They do more than chocolate bars too, they have incredible confections, caramels, and more - but I'll stick to my bars please and thank you!) :D

Comments

Popular Posts