Avocado Toast with Egg #OurFamilyTable
Welcome to #OurFamilyTable! We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! Come find us on our Pinterest board. Are you a blogger who's interested in joining the fun? Visit our group page and request to join!
Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures said: Mother's Day is around the corner. Let's show her our appreciation with a killer brunch menu!
I don't know about you - but I am totally on board with the avo-toast crave that has swept the nation. Maybe it's on its way out by now.. I don't know. At my house it's not! We always have these components, and you can whip a few up these up with very little effort and it makes for a beautiful and filling brunch!
Take your favorite hearty bread recipe (I used the last slice of this tasty homemade bread), toast it, and top with some mashed up avocado and a sunny side up egg. Add a few drops of hot sauce, or a drizzle of balsamic to change up the flavor profile!
I even made a quick TikTok video for this one!
More Great Brunch Recipes:
- Avocado Toast with Egg from Making Miracles
- Chicken Chilaquiles from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chorizo Eggs Benedict with Chipotle Hollandaise from Sweet Beginnings
- Eggs Benedict with Asparagus from Art of Natural Living
- Everything but the Bagel Breakfast Pockets from Books n' Cooks
- Hash Brown Potato Pie from Family Around the Table
- Rose Mimosa from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Rosemary, Ham, and Parmesan Cheese Scones from Blogghetti
- Spicy Huevos Grilled Cheese from Palatable Pastime
- Spinach and Bacon Quiche with Swiss and Gruyere from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Tapioca Pearl Stir-fry/Sabudana Kichdi/Javvarisi Upma from Magical Ingredients
- Wine and Cheese Muffins from That Recipe
Avocado Toast with Egg
1 slice hearty whole grain bread
half a small/medium avocado
salt, and pepper
Dash of hot sauce or drizzle of balsamic (optional)
- Place the avocado in a small bowl and mash with a fork, season lightly with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast the bread, and while that is toasting, fry a sunny side up egg (fry over medium to medium, low heat. You want the whites to be fully set, but not have to flip it over).
- Smear the mashed avocado over the prepared toast, and slide the fried egg on top. Add a couple dashes of hot sauce if you'd like, or a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar for a different flavor profile!