Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp for #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
- Blackened Steak Caesar Salad by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp by Making Miracles
- Family Secret Garlic Bread by Food Lust People Love
- Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Garlic Roasted Salmon with Brussels Sprouts by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Garlicky Fregola with Edamame, Mint, and Ricotta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Indo Chinese Style Schezwan Chutney by Cook with Renu
- Lasanachi Chutney | Maharashtrian style dry Garlic Chutney by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Red Garlic Chutney by Sneha's Recipe
- Tomato, Basil, and Garlic Filled Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- If you are serving this dish over pasta, get the water on to boil, and boil the pasta per package directions while you prepare the shrimp and sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet and sauté the onion until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic for a minute, until fragrant. Add in the shrimp and sauté just until they are pink.
- Add in the wine and let it simmer for a minute, then add in the sundried tomatoes and teaspoon of oil.
- Stir in the half and half (or heavy whipping cream if you prefer). Bring to a low simmer and stir in the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the Italian seasoning. Stir in the grated parmesan. Allow to simmer for a minute. Sauce will most likely be fairly thin. If you would like to thicken the sauce, whisk the 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with about 2-3 teaspoons of water together until smooth in a small bowl. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and bring to a low simmer until thickened and creamy.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired before serving over pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, or by itself if you prefer!
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan and / or fresh chopped parsley to serve if desired.