DIY ~ Peppermint Sugar Scrub PLUS Peppermint Essential Oil #Giveaway!
This past Christmas I decided I was going to make at least some of the gifts we gave instead of buying everything. There are so many lovely homemade ideas out there, and we want to start moving that direction - not only for gifts, but for the products we use ourselves.
I did a few searches on Pinterest, and came across this sugar scrub and knew it was the one I wanted to make! With just a few simple ingredients, I was ready to go. I have made several batches of this sugar scrub now, it is super easy, and so pretty! A wonderful anytime of year gift, and of course keep a jar in your bathroom too, it smells heavenly, and makes your hands feel fantastic! I think, for gift giving especially, tying a small spoon like this one to the outside would be extra cute.
Product Information for the Lalune Naturals 100% Pure Peppermint Oil:
- HIGHEST QUALITY PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL 100% Pure and Natural, Packaged in the USA. No Fillers or Additives. Therapeutic Grade. Kosher Certified • Vegan Certified • NAHA (National Associate for Holistic Aromatherapy) Certified.
- PREMIUM QUALITY GLASS DROPPER Comes inside each bottle for ease-of-use. ★ LARGE 4 OUNCE ★ bottle gives you the more value than any other oil. Our Peppermint Oil is 4x larger than most sold on Amazon!
- FREE EBOOK WITH RECIPES Our eBook comes with 20 recipes with multiples uses, including Headaches, Migraines, Facials, Depression and Anxiety Treatments, Spa Treatments and much more!
- NATURAL HOUSEHOLD USES include the NON-TOXIC but effective removal of mice, spiders, ants, fleas, lice, roaches and other rodents. No need to expose your family to toxic chemicals with this all-natural approach. Can also be used in your garden!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED We guarantee your satisfaction with our products or we will issue you a full refund. No questions asked!
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
Red food coloring (a few drops)
Peppermint Oil (a few drops)
- Get 2 medium bowls out. Place the sugar, coconut oil, a few drops of peppermint oil (stir, smell, add more until you reach the scent you're hoping for).
- Split the sugar mix between the two bowls. Leave one bowl white, and add a couple drops of red food coloring to the other bowl. Stir, add another drop or too (if needed) until you reach the pretty peppermint pink color you're looking for.
- Begin layering the sugar mixture in your jars - white, red, white, red, etc. in even layers until they are as full as you want them to be.
- Seal the jars, label with a cute handwritten (or printed) label, and tie with some pretty, festive string to complete!
Links to the items I used for these pretty sugar scrub jars:
*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Lalune Naturals for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.