Melt In Your Mouth Meatloaf
I have shared a few meatloaf recipes - it is something my husband and son always enjoy and it does make great sandwiches with the leftovers! Meatloaf has a bad reputation of often being dry or bland, or blah... This is none of those! The original recipe calls for dried minced onion, but I used probably 1/4 cup minced fresh onion - use what you have and prefer in your meatloaf. My hubby likes his meatloaf "saucy" so this one was a winner with the yummy sauce mixture that goes over the top at the end. My son gave this one a big thumbs up, and it is definitely one we will use again in the future. This one was gone was almost completely gone after just dinner, so I'd say it was a hit with the boys!
Make sure to check out the giveaways I'm hosting at the links below Cocktail Muddler: http://rebekahrose.blogspot.com/2014/11/blueberry-mint-tea-plus-professional.html
Old Factory Candle Set: http://rebekahrose.blogspot.com/2014/11/old-factory-candle-gift-set-giveaway.html
- Basic Meatloaf
- Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- Italian Mini Meat Loaves
- Pioneer Woman's Favorite Meatloaf
- Mini BBQ Cheddar Meatloaves
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meat Loaf by
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 - 4 TBS minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, sage, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Crumble ground beef over mixture and stir well to combine. Shape into a round loaf; place in a nonstick loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Whisk ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl, Pull meatloaf out at the one hour mark and spoon sauce over meatloaf. Return to the oven and cook on until heated through, about 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.