#SecretRecipeClub ~ Slow Cooker Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes


Welcome to the August 2016 Group B reveal day for Secret Recipe Club. I hope you will take a moment to visit the Secret Recipe Club if you've never heard of it before - it is a wonderful group of food bloggers who are given a secret assignment of another member's blog each month and our goal is to pick ANYTHING from their blog to make and post about on our designated reveal day.



This month I had the pleasure of visiting Traci's blog "I'm Hungry - Words of Growing Boys". Isn't that the truth?? I have an almost 18 year old... I think he eats as much as his aunt and I combined most days. I heard it a long time ago, and am a believer, that growing boys have hollow legs that they put the food away in.

Traci's blog contains an extensive index with dishes broken down in numerous formats, including by Appliance! She also shares lots of great meal ideas, by week, and by "theme" (
crockpoteasy breakfasts, etc.)




I popped over to the Pasta Index and drooled over Crockpot Pizza, Slow Cooker Ravioli, and Chicken Scampi. Then I jumped to Sandwiches and Slow Cooker Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes jumped straight out at me (I love everything "Cheese Steak"). In Sides I found Skillet Green Beans... sooo many good options! I love learning more about another blogger through the way they write, what they share, and the recipes they post. Traci shares a lot of dishes that I would happily make and share with my family!  It was hard to narrow down the selection. I've been making and sharing a lot of dessert recipes lately, it feels like, so I wanted something more on the savory spectrum and stuck to main dishes and sides. 




In the end I went with Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes - A) I adore my slow cooker, B) I had hamburger buns in my refrigerator without a designated purpose, C) I've been craving cheesesteaks. 'Nuff said!
This got a big thumbs up - easy to throw together, filling, satisfying, and very tasty!

Slow Cooker Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes adapted from I'm Hungry

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef (seasoned lightly with salt and pepper while cooking)
2 tsp Gourmet Garden garlic paste
salt to taste (1/4 to 1/2 tsp)
black pepper, to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
1 large onion, diced small
1 green pepper, diced small
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 TBS all purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1 tsp beef bouillon
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Provolone cheese or American cheese, slices

Directions
  1. In a skillet, brown the ground beef.  Drain the fat off.
  2. Place the ground beef, garlic, black pepper, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms in the slow cooker.
  3. Sprinkle flour over the ground beef and veggies.  Toss to coat the meat and veggies.
  4. Pour the water, beef bouillon, and Worcestershire sauce over the meat and veggies.
  5. Cook for 5 hours on low.
  6. Stir to combine, taste test and adjust seasonings if necessary. Use a slotted spoon to place meat mixture onto a bun and top with your favorite cheese.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked the cheese steak sloppy Joe's.

    I swear my 13 year old has a hollow leg. He can eat a lot. The 11 year old only has a hollow leg on certain days. When we ate out last night, he ate all of his meal plus some of my meal.

    Have a great week!

    (PS The one comment that was deleted was mine. I forgot I had it hooked up to my work Google account when I originally posted.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful Rebekah. Perfect for those summer days when you don't want to spend time in the house cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using the slow cooker in the summer, no need to heat the kitchen. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great choice for SRC! I don't use my slow cooker often enough in the summer. It's really a great way to get dinner on the table and not heat up the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this recipe! Slow cooker recipes are always ones I like, plus, combining cheesesteaks and sloppy joes? I'm in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slow cookers are a life saver! Love the combination of cheesesteak and sloppy joes and perfect for the upcoming football tailgating season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts