Need another creamy, rich, amazing dessert to enjoy this summer? Tuck this one away - or try it today! No cooking involved, just a few layered ingredients, refrigerate, and voila. This dessert is layer after layer of yumm. Oreo cookie crust, peanut butter, cream cheese, whipped cream, Butterfingers, chocolate pudding, more whipped cream, more Butterfingers... worth every single sinful calorie. And so rich, you only need a few bites to satisfy your sweet tooth.
There are so many variations of "lush" desserts out there (I have my eyes on a strawberry shortcake version next), I will definitely be trying a few more variations out before the warm weather starts fading into fall and it's time to pull out the pumpkin!
This dish would be perfect for your next potluck.
Butterfinger Lush adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen
32 Oreo cookies, crushed to small crumbs
5 TBS butter, melted
1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
8 fun size Butterfingers
3 cups heavy whipping cream whipped to stiff peaks with 2 TBS powdered sugar container, divided
1 (5.9-ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed oreo cookies and melted butter. Transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish and press firmly all along the bottom. Refrigerate.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Beat in peanut butter. Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream. Crush 4 fun sized Butterfingers and fold them into peanut butter mixture.
- Spread peanut butter mixture evenly over oreo crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk together. Let sit to thicken for a minute or two and then pour over peanut butter layer.
- Spread remaining whipped cream on top. Crush remaining Butterfingers and sprinkle on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.