Truly Delicious Brussels Sprouts


I love brussels sprouts and am always on the lookout for new ways to serve vegetables I enjoy. We had a Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole a little while ago and had some brussels in the refrigerator so I went to my trusted AllRecipes website and found this recipe to serve alongside the casserole!


The original recipe suggests cooking only 45 seconds, but that wasn't nearly long enough for me to get them tender enough for my liking. I think I cooked them closer to 10 minutes and added additional lemon juice during cooking to help up the "tang" I was looking for.



Truly Delicious Brussels Sprouts from AllRecipes

Ingredients

1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
12 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice (more to taste)
salt and pepper to taste


Directions
  1. Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over high heat until butter is melted and begins to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
  2. Stir Brussels sprouts and lemon juice into butter and oil; cook, stirring constantly, until sprouts are just heated through and are softened to your preference, about 5 - 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
  3. Season with salt and pepper and serve.


Comments

Popular Posts