#SecretRecipeClub ~ Buttery Grilled Cheese


Welcome to the August 2016 reveal day for our "Back to School" themed Secret Recipe Club day! I hope you will take a moment to visit the Secret Recipe Club if you've never heard of it before - it is a wonderful group of food bloggers who are given a secret assignment of another member's blog each month and our goal is to pick ANYTHING from their blog to make and post about on our designated reveal day. For this special themed reveal day I was lucky enough to receive Sarah's blog Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. Sarah is our fearless SRC leader and her blog has EVERY base covered. You will have no problem finding many, many amazing things to share with your family at her site! I always have such a hard time narrowing down my selection. 


Thinking about back to school, our options could be everything from an easy dinner to serve after a busy work / school day, a snack, something tasty to pack in a lunchbox, a quick breakfast idea, etc. The options were pretty endless so I browsed primarily through Sarah's family favorites, snacks, and sandwiches. A few of the snack ideas that jumped out at me that I am going to have to revisit soon included these Hot Dog Stuffed Pretzels, Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls, Salted Peanut Nutella Puppy Chow, and Thin Mint Muddy Buddies. As you can see - I opted for Grilled Cheese! When I came across this one I had lots of school flashbacks. Grilled cheese for a snack, a quick dinner, and I've even packed them for lunches sometimes. As always, grilled cheese are perfect for mixing and matching your perfect cheeses. I often make them with a couple slices of American cheese, but opted for cheddar and provolone this time. Sarah's recipe calls for cheddar, colby jack, and monterey jack.

You really can't go wrong with a classic grilled cheese. This is pure comfort food and would make for a tasty quick dinner any night of the week (especially when served with tomato soup - a child hood favorite)!


Buttery Grilled Cheese from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Makes 1 sandwich

Ingredients
2 slices bread
2-4 tsp margarine or butter
2-3 slices favorite cheese (I used cheddar and provolone)

Directions


  1. Heat nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
  2. Butter both sides of each piece of bread. 
  3. Place cheese between slices.
  4. Cook in heated skillet about 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cheese has melted. Slice and serve.



Comments

  1. Love grilled cheese sandwiches and make mine with Colby Jack cheese all the time. With a bowl of Tomato Soup, this is a great meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled Cheese sandwiches are pure comfort food.....paired with a bowl of tomato soup and I am in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with grilled cheese sandwiches for back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely can't go wrong with a comforting grilled cheese. Now I am craving one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I would love one of these. One of my favorite sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing simpler and more satisfying than a perfect grilled cheese sandwich. Hits the spot everytime. I remember quite a few of these being wolfed down after school and we still enjoy these after work :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts