Turkey Tetrazzini Deluxe
This was a quick, easy, and tasty dinner we enjoyed not too long ago. Fast enough for a work night, and I always love one-pot meals! You can play with the seasonings to adjust to your personal preference.
This dish is creamy, cheesy, and packed full of tasty protein and veggies. This is hearty and filling. We served this up along some of our favorite garlic Texas Toast and called it a night!
We've been attempting to use some of the items in the deep freezer that have drifted to the bottom and kind of sort of been forgotten about, and one of those items was a big turkey. We thawed for a couple days, cooked it up over the weekend and used the carcass to make stock, and ate the meat in various iterations for about a week (mostly in sandwiches with cranberry sauce, because - YUMM!!) I used the homemade turkey stock in this dish and always love the flavor good homemade stock adds to any dish - you can use chicken stock if you don't have turkey.
Turkey Tetrazzini Deluxe adapted from DACLKG on AllRecipes
1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
4 TBS butter
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup turkey stock
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3 cups chopped cooked turkey meat
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large, lightly salted pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles until al dente (about 10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter and saute mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper until tender (about 10 - 15 minutes).
- Add cream of mushroom, turkey stock, cheddar cheese, frozen peas, sherry, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, garlic powder, turkey, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to vegetable mixture. Stir gently until evenly combined. Taste test, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Mix sauce with the noodles and stir gently to combine.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and pour noodle mixture into dish, pressing with a spatula to smooth. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.