#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
Thanks to our lovely hostess Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm for our theme of "Apples" this month! I love that she picked something as versatile apple - as you can see from the wide variety of cakes baked this month you can use this delicious fall fruit in many different ways, in a huge variety of flavor profiles.
I am so looking forward to apple picking in the next couple months. We've gone a couple times now, up to Blue Ridge Georgia to B.J. Reece Apple Orchards and picked apples in the orchards with the kids. It's beautiful there and the apples are simply amazing. There's nothing that beats picked fresh from the trees. They're so incredibly juicy!
Now, onto this unique cake. The ingredients seem a little... odd... but oh my goodness. The cake. It's wonderful. It's so, so soft. The texture is wonderful. Moist and tender. And the chocolate chips add terrific texture. The apples disappear to completely into this when grated, so if you want to have noticeable pieces of apple you can stick to finely diced instead of grated apple. The flavor of the cake has a subtle hint of chocolate, and a warm touch of cinnamon. The ratios are just right - we all absolutely loved the way this cake came out - it will definitely be featured in my kitchen again.
- Apple and Nuts Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce by kidsandchic
- Apple and Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple and Toasted Pecan Bundt Cake with Rum Syrup by Patty's Cake
- Apple Blossom Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Apple Crumble Bundt by Jane's Adventure in Dinner
- Apple French Cruller Bundt Cake by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Apple Sharlotka Bundt Cake by Spiceroots
- Apple Streusel Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by The Queen of Scones
- Candy Apple by I Sugar Coat It!
- Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Making Miracles
- Cinnamon Apple Streusel Cake by Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake by Magnolia Days
- Clotted Cream and Apple Spice Bundt by Baking in Pyjamas
- Double Caramel Apple Bundt by The Crumby Cupcake
- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Apple Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Jewish Apple Cake by I love Bundt Cakes
- Jewish Praline Pecan Apple Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lighter Jewish Apple Cake by Cookaholic Wife
Chocolate Chip Apple Cake adapted from Carol on AllRecipes
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup water
1 TBS vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2-3 cups apples grated (peeling is optional)
3/4 - 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl cream the butter or margarine with the sugar. Beat in the eggs then add the water and the vanilla.
- Stir the flour, cocoa, baking soda, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg together. Beat this mixture into the creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in the grated apples. Pour half the batter into the prepped pan and sprinkle on half desired amount of chocolate chips. Pour in remaining batter and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cake tests done when a toothpick is inserted near the center. Transfer to a rack to cool. When cool, invert onto a platter. Makes about 16 servings.