Miners' Mini Muffins for #MuffinMonday
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
Are you a food blogger who is interested in joining and posting with our muffin loving group? Request to join our Facebook page - we'd love to have you!
These adorably tasty little treats came out of a cook book I bought for my daughter a little while back, hence the name of the Muffins - for the Seven Dwarfs. She has been having a blast looking through and deciding which recipes she wants to make (spoiler alert, it's all of them) and then we have slowly been identifying which ones to actually try one at a time. This is the first one we opted to make - little bite sized muffin treats! You can swap chocolate chips for blueberries if you'd like.
These are tasty basic muffins with just the right amount of chocolate bites hidden inside. They were a fun muffin to whip up with my daughter and I can't wait to try the next kid friendly recipe from the book soon!
Happy Muffin Monday!
- Blueberry Oat Flour Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Churro Mini Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Walnut Streusel Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Double Chocolate Whole Wheat Muffins from Magical Ingredients
- Healthy-ish Blueberry Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Loaded Breakfast Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Miner's Mini Muffins from Making Miracles
- Yiaourti me Meli (Greek Yogurt and Honey) Cornbread Muffins from Food Lust People Love
Miners' Mini Muffins
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 TBS butter, melted
1/4 - 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In another medium bowl whisk together the wet ingredients: egg, milk, and the melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and whisk batter until just combined.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips (or blueberries if preferred).
- Divide batter amongst the prepared muffin tin (each well about 2/3 full).
- Bake in the preheated oven 10-12 minutes, until muffins are golden brown and baked through (check the center with a toothpick).
- Allow to cool in the tin about 5-10 minutes before turning the muffins out onto a cooling rack to complete cooling.
Recipe from The Disney Princess Cookbook