Hearty Instant Pot Beef Stew for #MulticookerMonday
If you are a blogger looking to join our Multicooker Monday group, request to join our Facebook page, or reach out to Sue of Palatable Pastime! We look forward to cooking with you. Multicooker Monday is a friendly food blogging group where we get together on the third Monday of the month to post recipes for the multicooker: instant pot or pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, sous vide or other cooking device with no theme; anything goes!
As the proud owner of an Air Fryer and an Instant Pot, and a long time lover of my Crock Pot, I am always always on the look out for ways to put these hard working tools to good use, and make meal prep easier. Hands off and fast - two of my favorite describing words when it comes to family friendly easy dishes!
This stew was perfectly tender, flavorful, has a lovely thick gravy like sauce and is packed full of delicious vegetables and beef. Like most recipes - I always say use what you like and have on hand, and make sure to adjust seasonings to your preference after the cook cycle. You can also whisk in a flour slurry or cornstarch slurry at the end, then bring the mixture back to simmer if the sauce isn't thick enough to your liking and you don't want to wait for it to simmer and reduce.
I love hearty, cozy recipes like this one. This is a lovely way to get comfortable with stew in your Instant Pot!
See all of our tasty Multicooker Recipes today!
Hearty Instant Pot Beef Stew
2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder, or to taste
1/2 tsp seasoned salt, or to taste
1-2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
2 TBS tomato paste
3 cups beef broth
¾ cup red wine
1 ½ pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3 carrots, peeled cut into chunks
3 stalks celery, cut into chunks
3 parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks (optional)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat 1 TBS oil in the bowl of your Instant Pot on saute and brown the meat. Season with the salt and pepper while browning.
- Add in the onion and allow to saute about 5-6 minutes until it begins to brown and soften. Add in the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add in the flour, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Stir to allow the flour to cook for a minute.
- High pressure for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the red wine and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the IP (it's easy to get a burn notice if any residue is left stuck to the bottom). Stir in the beef broth as well. Whisk the tomato paste in.
- Stir in the vegetables: potatoes, carrots, celery, parsnips. Stir in thyme.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, and then quick release if needed.
- Stir, taste, and adjust the seasonings as needed. Simmer down the liquid by setting on "saute" mode again if desired to thicken the broth.
Recipe adapted from TammyDoerr on AllRecipes
I love the flavors in this stew!ReplyDelete
Using the Instant Pot for stew is the greatest thing....so tender and tasty.ReplyDelete
That sauce looks so amazing and the meat looks so tender. Gorgeous.ReplyDelete
Love the flavors of the stew . This is hearty and delicious. A warm bowl of this sounds perfect for the cold season.ReplyDelete