#PumpkinWeek ~ Crock Pot Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Welcome to #PumpkinWeek day 2! Hosted by Terri from Love and Confections, 19 Bloggers will be sharing 65 pumpkin-filled recipes over the course of the week. Be sure to come back every day to see all the delicious creations - from muffins to cakes, cocktails, breakfast baked goods, savory pastas and stews, and gluten-free recipes too. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
This is such a fun fall treat to make, share and enjoy! There is a large amount of cinnamon in this, so we found that it needed to definitely be heated to the right temperature to allow all the spice to properly incorporate - for good measure I also whipped the heated product through the blender and would definitely recommend you do the same; it whips in a ton of air and you end up with a delightfully airy and frothy beverage!
Enjoy this beautiful, perfect fall beverage unadorned, and if you like a little extra sweet and creamy, add a touch of whipped cream and maybe another dusting of cinnamon if you want that extra touch of color.
I was so excited to find this recipe - I love that it incorporates real pumpkin puree! It's not overly sweet at all, if you want it sweeter feel free to up the sugar amount. I liked that it wasn't too sweet - it allows you to really taste and appreciate the pumpkin and spice flavors.
This is a delightful treat that you can serve and keep warm in your crock pot. Make it for your next get together this fall!
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Snack Cake from Cupcakes & Kale Chips.
- Heart Healthy Pumpkin Chili from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Milkshake from The Redhead Baker.
- Pumpkin Horchata Cocktail from The Crumby Cupcake.
- Pumpkin Hummus from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Bourbon Maple Syrup from Love and Confections.
- Pumpkin Seed Granola from Gluten Free Crumbley.
- Savory and Spicy Pumpkin Soup from Feeding Big and more.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Making Miracles.
Crock Pot Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Thriving Home
Makes 10 - 15 servings
6 cups of milk (I used whole)
4-6 cups of strongly brewed coffee (I used Starbucks House Blend)
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
3 TBS vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 - 4 cinnamon sticks
- In your crock pot, combine the milk and coffee.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip together the pumpkin puree, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon until well combined then whisk the pumpkin mixture into the milk and coffee in the crock pot.
- Add in the cinnamon sticks then cover the crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Taste test, adjust sugar / seasonings if desired. Blend in small batches in your blender if desired to add frothiness to the texture.
- Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
- If you have leftovers, store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days - to reheat use a pot over medium heat, whisking occasionally until heated through (microwaving the mixture is not recommended).
Wouldn't this make the perfect finish to a Fall Day of hiking through the woods?ReplyDelete
Absolutely! It would be a wonderful way to end the afternoon. :)Delete