#BloggerCLUE ~ Apple Brie Panini
Welcome to the September reveal day for the the C.L.U.E. Bloggers (CLUE = Cook, Learn, Undertake, Eat). Blogger C.L.U.E. is a group of like minded food bloggers who get an assignment each month of another member's blog; our mission (should we choose to accept it) is to take the theme for the month and find any recipe on our assigned blog that fits. Make the recipe, photograph the recipe, and share it with you on reveal day! For September's reveal day, I had SO many great "APPLE" recipes to choose from on Cooking in Stilletos! Learn more about Philadelphia, PA resident Aly (and her Junior Sous Pug) here and how her culinary and blogging adventures began. Like many of us who find joy in the kitchen, Aly received inspiration from a family member - her Bampa - and she shares some pretty great memories and recipes from him.
There were SO many tantalizing apple recipes on Aly's blog (the month originally started with apples, then the category was broadened to fall fruits to give everyone more options to choose from). Some I drooled my way through included: Triscuit Crackers with Apple Brie and Sundried Tomato, Apple and Spice Cupcakes, Baked Apples, Roasted Pear and Apple Syrup, Homemade Apple Cider, Apple Breakfast Muffins, Maple Apple Cheddar Crisp with Salted Maple Caramel Sauce, Apple Cheddar Chicken Muffins, Roast Pork with Honey Apple Cider Vinegar Sauce, Roasted Apples, Apple Creme Tart, Apple Brie Panini, Apple Cake, or how about some Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples and Onion? How is a girl to pick??!
The timing of these particular C.L.U.E. day couldn't have been better for me - just this past weekend my sister, me and my 2 kiddos headed up to Ellijay, Georgia to the B.J. Reece Orchards for some apple picking fun. It was a wonderful way to spend the day and man did we come home with a huge HAUL of fantastic produce - look at all these goodies:
I seriously went back and forth, and back and forth, and had about 5 of these recipes open at one time. I finally went with the sandwich and was very happy I did. But don't worry - stay tuned for about 3 or 4 more of Aly's delicious recipes to make their way onto the blog in the near future. With that many gorgeous apples to enjoy there will be a LOT of baking / cooking with them occurring in my kitchen over the next week or so (and do you see that huge box of tomatoes?? hello homemade spaghetti sauce!) And because I am so excited by the cost of the "seconds" as they called them - the tomatoes and big clear bag of apples were a little less than perfect so together cost me $16.00. Seriously.
Back to ooey gooey sandwich happiness! This simple 4-ingredient meal will leave you full, satisfied, and blissfully content. Get a good wedge of brie, some delicious fruity and crisp apples sliced thin, your favorite thick sliced sandwich bread, a nice hot griddle, a little bit of oil and you have all you need.
Apple Brie Paninis slightly adapted from Cooking in Stilletos
Brie cheese (about 1-oz per sandwich)
6 thin slices of apple per sandwich
2 slices of thick cut hearty bread (I used Hawaiian style, you can use potato, sourdough, etc.)
Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat a griddle / panini press or skillet to medium / medium-high heat.
- On one slice of bread gently spread about an ounce of soft brie cheese (rind removed), carefully so as not to rip the bread (if you need to press with your fingers go for it).
- Layer about 6 thin slices of apple atop the cheese and cover with a second slice of bread, Spray the outside of both pieces of bread with cooking spray and place sandwich on the griddle / panini press or in the preheated skillet. Cook about 2 - 3 minutes per side, or until well toasted and the cheese has melted.
See all the amazing FALL FRUIT DISHES from the Blogger C.L.U.E. group shared today:
- Apple Banana Bread by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Apple Brie Panini by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Apple Butter by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Apple Pear Compote by Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-Pei in the Kitchen
- Apple Pie with Oat Streusel by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Applesauce Pancakes by Anna from annaDishes
- Arugula, Pear and Parmesan Salad by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- Butternut Squash Soup with Apple by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Chaussons aux Pommes by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal by Kim from Liv Life
- Creamy Tomato Soup by Kelli from Kelli's Kitchen
- Fresh Peach Buckle by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Fried Apple Hand Pies by Heather from girlichef
- Greek Yogurt Apple Loaf by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Peach Streusel Bread by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Molasses Tea Bread by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Sweet Potato Apple Soup with Chipotle by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Vegan Spiced Apple Crumb Muffins by Debra from Eliot's Eats