#BundtBakers ~ S'moreo Caramel Bundt Cake
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
This month we got to be creative with the "S'mores" theme; instead of just marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers - what else could we put together to call and s'more and then turn into a bundt cake? I wanted a S'moreo - marshmallow sandwiched by Oreo cookies, with the added bonus of an ooey gooey caramel in there. It's pretty amazing - let me tell you.
I couldn't find an existing S'moreo Caramel cake recipe, or even a marshmallow caramel glaze recipe so I winged it a little bit, and also kept it simple using a dark fudge chocolate cake mix as the base - though you could easily swap that out with your favorite chocolate cake recipe. It's the add-ins and the gorgeous, deliciously butterscotch-ey sauce that make this one very special and definitely a keeper! The cake is moist, and packed full of gooey bits of melted marshmallow and mini chocolate chips, and seriously that glaze... mmmm.... it's delicious. It really reminds me of Werther's candies.
Just look at all that sugary buttery goodness melting down... mmm...
Today is extra special for me to share a tasty dessert treat because it happens to be this sweet baby girl's 2nd birthday today! Miss Lindsey Rose is now the big T-W-O. I am really not sure how that happened - I assure you it was not with my permission. However, as much as I hate to see her growing, growing, growing, I also adore seeing her growing, growing, growing. So much spunk, charm, and personality packed into her little body. I couldn't possibly love her any more than I do if I tried. She is one of a kind, and I am a blessed and grateful mama. Happy second birthday ladybug!
Check out all the creative S'more bundt cakes shared this month:
- Autumn Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple S'mores Bundt by Taking on Magazines
- Carrot Graham Mini Bundts with White Chocolate Chips and Marshmallow Glaze by Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Bundt with Marshmallow Graham Filling by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Graham Cracker Bundt Cake with Roasted Strawberry Marshmallow Filling by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter S'more Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Deconstructed S'more Bundt Cake by Cali's Cuisine
- Graham Cracker Bundt Cake S'mores by Magnolia Days
- Graham Cracker Bundt with Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Marshmallow Frosting by Food Lust People Love
- Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Bundt with Marshmallow Topping by Our Good Life
- Inside Out S'mores Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
- Key Lime S'more Bundt Cake by Patty's Cake
- Mexican Chocolate S'more Bundt Cake by Tartacadabra
- Nutella Glazed S'more Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Nutella S'mores Bundt Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Oreo Grasshopper S'more Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pretzels Crown in a S'more Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Pumpkin S'mores Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Pumpkin S'mores Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake
- S'moreo Caramel Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- S'mores Bundt Cake by From Gate to Plate
- S'mores Bundt Cake by La mejor manera de hacer
- S'mores Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- S'mores Graham Cracker Bundt Cake by The Spiced Life
- Salted Marshmallow and Graham Crack S'more Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
S'moreo Caramel Bundt Cake
1 chocolate fudge cake mix (plus ingredients called for on box)
6 large marshmallows, cut in fourths
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
7 - 8 whole Oreo cookies
Caramel Marshmallow Drizzle
1 cup marshmallows (mini, or cut large ones into small pieces)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 TBS heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a bundt cake by spraying very generously with cooking spray.
- Create cake batter according to package directions, then stir in the 6 cut marshmallows and the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and gently press cookies into the batter, leaving just the tops of the cookies exposed.
- Bake cake for 33 - 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 - 20 minutes on a cooling rack before inverting; allow to finish cooling.
- While cake is cooling prepare the drizzle by combining the marshmallows, butter, and caramel in a nonstick pot, over medium heat, stirring continuously until ingredients are melted and combining. Reduce heat to low and whisk in the cream until smooth and well combined. Drizzle evenly over cake. Allow to cool / set before slicing and serving.
Oh yes! Nice touch with the added caramel.ReplyDelete
Happy Birthday to Little Miss Lindsay Rose! She looks like a lovely young lady and is fortunate to have a mommy like you!ReplyDelete
Love the caramel twist you incorporated in your bundt...YUM!
S'moreos are genius, Rebekah! Chocolate in the cookie and then caramel! Seriously!ReplyDelete
Happy birthday to Miss Lindsey Rose! What a cutie she is!
YUmmm!! It sounds delicious!!! I love it!!! Great!!ReplyDelete
I love those Werther candies and I love that little cutie patootie who is 2!!ReplyDelete
S'moreo - love it. And a big (belated) happy birthday to the two year old!ReplyDelete
that caramel marshmallow drizzle is the truth! #BundtBakersReplyDelete
Great twist on a S'more, love the caramel theme.ReplyDelete
Thanks Laura - we loved this one!Delete
Looks so delicious Rebekah!! And I also loooove caramel and oreo cookies :-) A bit late, but lots of happy birthday wishes for your daugther from Spain!! XX Lara TartacadabraReplyDelete
Thank you very much Lara. :)Delete
Love what you did with the theme, sounds delicious! And Happy belated Birthday to your little girl!ReplyDelete
Thank you! :)Delete
Ahhh sounds sooo good! The caramel in that sauce is a brilliant idea. This is fantastic!ReplyDelete