Smoky Date Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Meatloaf


One of the sponsor products we received for #HotSummerEats which just wrapped up yesterday was some AMAZING fruit-based "not ketchup" sauces. I've had the pleasure of working with Not Ketchup a few times now and am always so impressed with their products (I actually finally caved and ordered the two flavors I haven't yet tried during sponsor events via Amazon so I could taste them all!)


I made some super yummy burgers with the Smoky Date sauce this time around, and decided to use some of the remaining sauce in a meatloaf. We visiting Southern Cross Guest Ranch just a couple weeks ago for a mini vacation and while we were there they served a broccoli stuffed meatloaf that was divine. I loved the way the broccoli soaked up the juices and flavor of the surrounding meat mixture and wanted to try to take that idea and run with it. I added a layer of melty gooey provolone cheese, more sauce for the top and of COURSE some bacon... because... bacon.


The result was absolutely PERFECT. I wouldn't change a thing, and you can bet I will make this again. I might add even more sauce to the top next time, or just serve more sauce on the side for dipping.


Smoky Date Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Meatloaf

Ingredients
2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup Not Ketchup Smoky Date sauce, divided
1 cup frozen broccoli, rinsed to thaw
2 slices provolone cheese
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
2 - 3 large strips bacon, cut to fit top of meatloaf

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine ground beef, 1/4 cup Not Ketchup Smoky Date sauce, black pepper, oats, salt, and egg. Mix until evenly combined.
  3. Layer half of the meat into a meatloaf pan. Make a small indentation along the middle and fill with the rinsed / thawed broccoli. Top with the cheese slices then press the remaining ground beef over the top to cover.
  4. Spread the top with the remaining 1/4 cup Smoky Date sauce, and layer bacon strips over the top of the sauce.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes, until meatloaf is cooked through and bacon has crisped.


Comments

  1. I cannot wait to try this recipe - meat loaf is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do Erika - we really loved this!! Delicious!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts